Close Your Eyes

Your heart is racing as you step toward the corner that turns into the back exit. You've said goodbye to the receptionist for the final time. Turning in your badge made her face contort to one of sympathy and it broke your heart a bit. These are your final moments in the Big Hit company building. You'll never be back to teach Jungkook English, or watch him get teased by those sweet but chaotic men he shares his fame with. Right, Jungkook. The thought of him waiting for you puts your mind a bit at ease...then it worries you. You're back at the moment you first met him: nervous, sweaty, and anxious. You try to talk to yourself for comfort. "I'll be fine. I can be um...not awkward? So what if he may-" You turn the corner.

"'If he may' what?" Jungkook asks. He stands up from the bench that sits by the glass exit door.

"Nothing! Sorry." You say. You flash a quick nervous smile and look down. So much for not awkward.

"Sorry for what?"

"Sorry for...well sorry for quite a bit. I'm sorry for lying about being married, I'm sorry for making you argue with your manager and probably ruining your family-tight bond with him, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner, I'm sorry for allowing you to do things that could get you in trouble, I'm-"

"Woah, calm down. Take a breather." Jungkook says, grabbing you by the shoulders.

You look at him. "No Jungkook. I can't just calm down. I lost my job and I lost my-" Well you want to say your favorite person in the world, but you don't want to be too obvious. "...I lost the only way to talk to you."

Jungkook speaks out your name in a sigh, and takes you into a hug, and you're once again reminded of his golden scent and muscular build, feeling safe in his arms. He pats your back and let's you go.

"You are NOT losing me over a stupid firing from a stupid person."

"C'mon Jungkook, you can't call him stupid. That's your manager, you love him."

"Oh I can't?" He challenges you, raising an eyebrow of mischief.

"No you can't!" You elbow him playfully, laughing a bit as he smiles down at you. "You can't call him names just because he might've fired the coolest person you've ever known." You joke.

"Actually, the coolest person I've ever known is Namjoo-" He doesn't finish his sentence as he watches you, who's expectantly waiting for him to finish his sentence. "Okay yeah, you're the coolest person I know." He concludes.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." You tease him, and you guys end up laughing until you remember the events that unfolded a few floors above you. Your smile fades and you look down, causing Jungkook to immediately become worried. It's as if he can read your mind because he picks up the conversation.

"Seriously though, you don't have to be sad. I know losing a job is not something you're going to be happy about but, you're not losing me. I'm right here if that makes you feel any better." He backs away from you and looks out the windows that line the glass door, then walks back closer to you, "And I'd like to prove that to you, so..." he looks off nervously, searching for words.

"Well, Jungkook, how are you going to prove it?" You smile sweetly at him, raising an eyebrow.

"There happens to be a guy named Yooseok, who is waiting outside with a car that has a certain destination it needs to get to. Namjoon asked Sejin to call Yooseok for a ride to an art museum, since y'know...Well him and I aren't exactly on good terms." Jungkook explains.

You stretch your forehead with your index finger and thumb. "Oh my, don't remind me. I'm sorry again." You sigh.

You're surprised when Jungkook states your full name. "I swear, if you apologize one more time. Sejin stepped out of bounds, I just stepped outside of them with him, that is not your fault. I genuinely believe that you didn't know about the contract rule. You seemed tired during the first lesson anyway- there's no way that you were fully paying attention. We came in late in the first place, and you took a chance on me." He steps closer to you, until he's towering over you. "And I'm really glad that you took that chance staying late with me, Teacher."