Lessons of Life

The next day you wake up to the the chirping of birds...and four missed calls from an unknown number. You pick up your phone and look at your notifications. A few notifs from Instagram, and 2 new messages from Seoul.Learn- the company you work under. The time reads 9:43am so you decide it's time to get up and start working for the day.

Once you're up out of the bed, you walk over to your desk that holds your laptop and Jungkook's lesson notes- but most importantly to you- his five minute writing scribbles. You had spent a lot of last night replaying him looking up at you and writing down the word "pretty" in your head. It made your heart flutter in a way it hadn't done since 1st grade when you saw your celebrity crush of the time. You don't know why, but he had a sort of magnetic pull on you and you had just met him yesterday. But now wasn't the time to daydream- although it was so easy to do when thinking about him.

You pull out your wheeled chair and take a seat, rummaging through the notes to decide what his lesson outline for the day should be. Writing down new vocabulary with your student's words in mind, you begin to open your laptop to type it up. However before your laptop screen is fully up, you receive another notif from Seoul.Learn. You look at your phone to see that it's received the same notification- and yet another call from the same unknown number. "Goodness, what is going on?" You think to yourself. You type in your laptop password and log into the company website. Sure enough you have 3 new messages from your anonymous student of yesterday. "Oh my gosh! Jungkook!" You whisper shout to yourself.

Anonymous Jacket: Teacher!!
Anonymous Jacket: Answer Sejin's calls please! It's urgent!
Anonymous Jacket: I still need you for the lesson!

You gasp at the realization that those missed calls were from Sejin, and probably very important information about Jungkook's lesson today. You quickly type back "Giving him a call right now! See you at today's lesson!" and make Sejin's number a contact, dialing it afterward. After a few ringtones, you hear the static of another line.

"Hello? Who is this?" Sejin asks, confused. Considering that he called you a million times, you figured that he'd have your name saved into the phone.

"Ms-" You begin, but Sejin finishes your sentence with your last name.

"Oh gosh, I was starting to think that you had given me an expired business card with the way you hadn't answered."

"No! I would never. I was just asleep."

"Oh, ma'am- hopefully you remember the papers you signed. You should be available at all times due to the high probability of schedule changes."

"I see. Um I-"

"It's okay. There were a lot of pages that you signed, it's natural to forget some of the rules, as long as you remember the big ones. Just don't let it happen again. Maybe turn your ringer on?"

You were taken aback by the seemingly strict rules. Maybe you should've paid attention to the papers you were signing. "Uh, yes. Right- I forgot. I'll make sure not to do it again in the future."

"Ah, that's great..." He says. There's an awkward silence over the phone as you wait for Sejin to tell you what he had called for.

"Ahem, right! I was calling to tell you that the lesson time has been changed to 2:30pm rather than 4:45pm and will from now on be at the BigHit company building in room 408. Any questions?"

"Uh...I was-"

"Great! I'll send you the address. See you then!"

The phone call ends and you're left there with an unfinished lesson plan and a waiting student. With no other option, you jump to work.