A Way to Start the Day

"YES! I'm supposed to be MARRIED for the job, but I didn't know that because I didn't pay attention to the freaking millions of papers that I was signing! Bruhhhh, I freaking HATE it here!" You complain to your best friend on the phone. Your sprawled out body on your bed reflects how exhausted you are of the situation. You turn onto your stomach and kick your feet into the bed out of frustration.

"Honey, calm down." Yuraina- your best friend since high school- says.

"HOW?! I-" you cut off your sentence and scream into a pillow. You lift your head and regain a bit of self control. Who knew screaming could be so cathartic? You sigh and look over at the FaceTime call- your friend looks a bit concerned for you. You sigh.

"Are you good?" She asks.

"No." You say defeated. You sit up on the bed and look at the camera with a sad face.

"You're being dramatic. Your student can't be THAT cute or charming. Men aren't capable of that."

You laugh, "You couldn't be further from the truth, Yuri. You wouldn't be in your right mind to NOT fall for him."

"He must be irresistible, huh?"

"You have NO idea." You holster your phone upon a paper weight and begin to move in and out of camera view gathering potential outfits for your coffee "outing" with Jungkook.

"I've no idea why you can't just tell me who he is. Is it really that serious? Is he famous? Is he a rich playboy who has mafia people after him?"

"No, he's not an ex-mafia member, I promise. That'd be really cliché."

"Okay, yeah I'll give you that one. He must be a pretty big deal though if my best friend- who tells me everything- won't tell me his identity." She looks at you expectantly as she turns her car's steering wheel.

"Yeah well, I guess you could say he's a big deal." More like one of South Korea's number one it-boys. "Anyway," you hold up two shirts to your chest. "How does this look? Which one looks better?" You ask.

"Why does it matter? You're a married woman." Yuraina laughs to which you join in with a sarcastic one.

"Oh haha. Choose, you whore." You say.

"Okay fine," She says, finishing up her last few 'haha's'. She looks between the two and chooses the best looking one.

"Was that so hard?" You ask, as you put on the shirt.

"Yes. Ugh it was dreadful." She smiles slyly. "Well anyway, I've gotta go into work. Y'know time doesn't stop when we meet a hot guy here in America." She parks her car and jangles her keys out of the ignition and looks down at the camera.

Your lips droop down but you accept that she has her own duties to attend to. "Okay fineeee. I'll update you later on how everything goes tonight."

"Alright sounds good." She says, chuckling to herself.

"What?" You say, smiling because you know whatever she's going to say is probably going to make you laugh.

"Nothing it's just-" she laughs a bit more before finishing her sentence. "HOW in the WORLD did you fall in love within 2 lessons?! I mean, who DOES that?!" You chuckle a bit at her remark. It was a little weird, but you couldn't help it.

"You know what? I don't have to take your crap. I literally hate you, go away." You say.

"Whatever, love you too sweetie. Later!" She blows a kiss and you flip her the bird with a coy smile, but quickly put up a heart as the call comes to an end. You grab your phone from it's holster and walk over to your vanity, sighing as you sit down and acknowledge the sudden bare silence. You slouch and look down at your makeup then quickly remember that you're about to go get coffee with Jungkook. You straighten your back and look at yourself in the mirror.