1. tommy + tubbo ; who knew

type: angst

tw // implied injury

a/n: don't. ship. the. minors. for the love of god.

"even if i knew it would end. even if i knew we wouldn't walk away friends. i'd still do it again." - sasha sloan

tommy gasped, trying desperately to pull in the air he relied on. it was never supposed to end like this. but it did. he let himself fall back onto the grass almost effortlessly. it would all be over soon. a slight breeze whisked through the almost ethereal area near the lake. this was where it would all end.

hurried footsteps echoed behind tommy some time later, and he turned his head wearily to meet the eyes of the person approaching him. maybe it was dream, here to come and finish him off.

'it was only a matter of time.' tommy thought, oddly calm, considering the circumstances. it wasn't.

it was tubbo.

"t-tubbo?? what are you doing here?" tommy managed to stutter, feeling his energy rapidly running out. tubbo just fell onto the grass next to his blonde haired best friend, panting heavily.

"not much time left now," tubbo sighed, as he eased himself down next to tommy.

"i know, i know. it's all over," tommy whispered.

tubbo felt tears beginning to well in the corner of his eyes. he blinked them away, however tommy caught a glimpse of his tearful friends face, and sighed, almost empathetically, pulling his best friend into a gentle embrace.

"it's alright tubbo. it's almost over. no more fighting. no more war. just the two of us, and there'll finally be peace."

tubbo just shuffled in closer, towards the familiarity of his best friend.

the last rays of sunlight swept over the two boys, who'd been sitting in content silence for a while now.

"not long tubbo, not long at all. who knew that it'd end so quickly." tommy sighed, taking in the final rays of gentle sunshine. his best friend just nodded, then let out a slight whisper.

"remember me?"

"forever. i'll keep you locked in my head, until we meet again."

"until we meet again?" tubbo whispered, seeking assurance.

"i won't forget you, my friend." tommy assured the brunette, bringing tubbo to tears. he looked up, at the familiar face he'd known for so long.

"what happened...?"

the sun finally disappeared, and the pair were met with sprinkles of stars, scattered across the sky. the moon emerged, bringing more light to the area, so tubbo took the opportunity to study his best friend. tommy seemed lost in thought, his steel blue eyes wandering from place to place, before finally settling on tubbo's cornflower blue eyes. the pair just stared at each other. both knew there wasn't long left. however they seemed without fear, almost at peace with their looming fate. when they were with each other, anywhere seemed like home.

so as the darkness enveloped them both, strangely they felt comfort, knowing the other was right beside them no matter what.

started: 27th december, 2020 // 1:15pm

completed: 30th december, 2020 // 3:54pm