4. sapnap + dream ; the fault in our stars

.•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

"some infinities last longer than others."

- hazel grace lancaster, the fault in our stars
.•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

at first, sapnap never believed in soulmates. the reliance solely on the myth that someone else out there apparently 'loved him' wasn't something he was willing to engage in; especially for the fact that anything that started as mutual adoration and involved him would most definitely end up in mutual heartbreak. that much was clear to see.

"your turn, dream?"

but when he initially locked eyes with dream, his perception of other aspects of love were thrown right out the window.

"yeah, sure."

love at first sight was also another thing that sapnap was detrimentally pessimistic of. again, when at seventeen years old, he first shared introductions with dream, that went down the drain immediately.

"uh, i'm dream. i'm eighteen years old, and i had a touch of osteosarcoma a year and a half ago. so i lost this baby as a result, and uh, i'm part cyborg, which is awesome. but really i'm just here; george's request," as he spoke, poked out his left leg slightly, flashing a bright, metallic silver.

"and uh, how are you feeling dream?" the group director inquired softly; stepping around the question as if it was a sensitive topic. or maybe that was just a softhearted personality shining through.

'softhearted; revolting,' sapnap normally would've rolled his eyes, however currently his hazel irises were intently fixated on dream.

"i'm grand, yeah. i'm on a rollercoaster that only goes up, my friend."

sapnap scoffed. 

'how completely and utterly sickening.'

stage four thyroid cancer, metastasized in his respiratory system.

it couldn't escalate much more for sapnap.

"you're a smoker?" sapnap inquired, eyeing suspiciously at the cigarette balanced perfectly in between dream's lips.

"nope," the dirty blonde answered simply, before continuing on to elaborate.

"it's a metaphor, see: you put the killing thing in between your teeth, but you don't give it the power to do it's killing."

'a metaphor, huh?' sapnap thought, 

"cryptic bastard."

"yeah, my lungs kinda suck at being lungs," he murmured, for once softly spoken and tranquil. it was as if being around dream mellowed and softened out the feisty spark within sapnap; a personality trait that got him in trouble more often than not.

"ah," was all dream responded with.

it should've been roles reversed. it was meant to be, roles reversed, and sapnap wished such a truth existed. however now, all he could do was sit and long for the fact that maybe in another life, another dimension, universe, infinity altogether, that maybe that was the reality. his dreams were filled with their love, if only pure and eternal. while always it would be unconditional, their love story had written it's last page, and closed forever now.