3. british mcyt + reader ; late night calls

a/n: some comfort i wrote before my school starts up again 'cause i'm rlly stressed abt it rn

tw // none! just some wholesome ✨ platonic ✨  flufffffff

your fingers danced mindlessly across your keyboard, the oh so familiar tapping sound bringing you some consolation.

it was currently quite late at night; but you couldn't get the looming stress of the next day off your mind.

therefore, you'd clicked onto a lone discord call and loaded onto the smp.

you certainly weren't expecting to hear the perfectly cut scream of your favourite british child after fifteen minutes of playing in silence.

"y/n!" tommy screamed, obviously excited to see you.

you sighed, "hey tommy."

wilbur (who you didn't even notice had joined the vc) seemed to catch onto the fact that you weren't feeling your normal self, as he asked,

"y/n are you alright? you seem quieter than normal."

"yeah, y/n, you sound kinda tired. did you sleep well last night?" came the voice of your other favourite british child, tubbo.

"eh, just stressed," you breathed into the microphone softly, on the verge of tears.

tommy cleared his throat.

"ahem..so, tell me about your childhood.."

despite all your pent up emotions, you chuckled loudly; your friends always knew how to cheer you up when you were down.

"i just start college tomorrow and i'm really scared. what with coronavirus and all i've forgotten how to hold a face to face conversation without breaking eye contact," you explained, feeling a little better now that you'd vented.

you could practically feel the taunting laughs radiating off them..until..

"oh y/n, why didn't you tell us sooner? we love you, and we wanna help!" tubbo burst out, and you could just picture his smile.

"yeah bud! we're your friends and we mildly tolerate you!" tommy screamed, back to his normal self again.

"love you too," you chuckled sarcastically.

"we're always going to be here, okay?" came wilbur's voice.

you inhaled slightly.

"thanks guys. i really, really appreciate it."

"that's what friends are for!" they chimed in, their synchronisation creepily accurate.  

"now y/n, you really should get some sleep shouldn't you?" george added.

"wait where the fuck did you come from?"

everyone burst into a fit of laughter. 

they weren't just friends, they were family. 

and they wouldn't have it any other way.