Chapter 5- A Dream(and a flashback)

After the boys had settled into bed, Katsuki had drifted into his slumber rather quickly. Shouto, however, lay awake in his futon for hours, scrolling through various feeds on several different apps. He's the kind of person to, as a kid, have those "pregnant lady" games. You know what I'm talking about? Yeah. Anyways, Shouto was searching for any type of feeling he could muster at this point that wasn't existential dread. and his futon was goddamn uncomfortable. he couldn't focus on anything, especially not sleep. He put down his phone and turned to the ceiling, staring at the now-extinguished light. He wondered what his life was to become. Was he a Hero? he certainly didn't feel like one- after all it was his first day of official Hero training (His father had done much more than UA might possibly offer). He glanced at the clock by the bedside table. it read 4:53 AM. In a fit of disappointment, he turned to his stomach and shut his eyes as tight as he could. eventually, he found himself fading into the sweet embrace of some goddamn shuteye.

----------------

Class 1-A was in the field. Mr. Aizawa was explaining to the class that, by using your quirk, you can greatly enhance your physical abilities. he used Katsuki as an example, telling him to throw a softball regularly. He got an above average distance. Aizawa then directed Katsuki to use his quirk in his softball toss. The distance more than doubled. At this point, Shouto caught a glimpse of Katsuki's face. He was sweating, if only a little bit. He seemed to glisten in the sunlight, creating an effect that vaguely reminded his admirer of a Shoujo manga.  He giggled lightly. "Shoujo" and "Shouto" almost rhyme. *clears throat* Anyways.

 The scene cut to Katsuki laughing at some little bitch who broke his bitchface finger. He figured it was Izuku, since. Yaknow. Katsuki was laughing. the "camera" seemed to zoom in on his smile, which seemed arrogant, but also bright and genuine. His lips were plump and soft, albeit a bit chapped. Shouto also focused on his hair, which was spiky yet soft. it bounced with each heave of Katsuki's chest- he was practically collapsing from laughter, which was no doubt contagious. Shouto remembered laughing at the scene with him.

The scene changes once again, this time moving to the gym for side-steps. Katsuki seemed focused on his task, moving dutifully across the gym floor with his tongue slightly pointed outward. He seemed so rigid, yet contrarily so graceful. He vaguely resembled a puppy, in a way that Shouto couldn't quite describe in his unconscious state. onto the sit-and-reach test, Shouto found himself watching Katsuki form across the gym, admiring his flexibility. He vaguely remembered a great use for it, if you catch my drift.

Shouto recalled watching from across the dorm room as Katsuki argued with Principal Nezu. He saw him in near disbelief, genuinely confused with how actually dumb the principal could be, especially given his Quirk. He relished being able to see so many emotions from one person- this was something he had an especially hard time doing. 

Shouto re--

---------------------------

*RING RING*

Shouto looked up at the clock. it read 7 AM, which was, in his humble opinion, WAY too fucking early. He didn't remember setting any alarms, which means Katsuki did this. He couldn't decide whether he loved or hated that man. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, having gotten a refreshing 2-hour night of rest.

Then he remembered his dream.

Fuck.

His left side erupted in flames, and his face in a deep red blush- he'd never had such a vivid dream before in his life. especially not about somebody he'd only met that day. He could remember every part of the dream as well, as they were basically recounting the previous day's events. Thank god his futon and sheets were fire-resistant. His clothing, however, was not. He came to the realization that he was now completely naked in a shared room, which caught Katsuki's attention. 

"Is this, like, an everyday routine? you wake up, burst into flames, and then go on with your day?" He was groggy but observant, and already was on his way into the bathroom for a cold shower.

"..Apparently," he replied, seeing as this would definitely become a part of his schedule as long as he had these god-forsaken dreams.

____________________

Word count- 726(hooray)

This only took me about an hour to write, so forgive me for any grammar mistakes. I wrote this chapter specifically about the "test" Aizawa held because I forgot to write it before- but I think it turned out pretty well in the end.

Also, apologies for never posting shit. I'm not exactly in the BNHA Fandom anymore-I just wanna finish this story so I die with no regrets. Also, I have a shit-ton of VA and game-producing shit to do, so I don't have a lot of time to. yaknow. write as much.

Anyways- Questions? Comments? Concerns? Well hold 'em. It's 3 AM and I intend to sleep a bit tonight.

Gnight sharties<3