Chapter 5 "Ground Zero"

The Lorinthian capitol building was seen in the distance, Kal'ias' speeder roaring as she approached a crowd outside. There were tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of people outside. As Kal'ia stepped off the speeder, a voice came from a loudspeaker; one she recognized as Cacophony. Overhead, a primitive drone flew with a camera mounted on the underbelly, pointed at the capitol.

Cacophany; "Citizens of the city of Qo'nos! I thank you for coming. You're soon to witness the execution of traitors to the Lorinthian people over the course of the week. The Capitol shall be ground zero for a revolution that will see the Lorinthians ascend to a place of superiority! But, for now, we have but a meager offering for that future."

Kal'ia pushed her way through the crowd, occasionally peeking over the shoulders of them to see Cacophany. He was there, with a different face, but also beside him was Quav; on his knees, cuffed and a brace around his head so he couldn't speak. Kal'ia, with urgency, began moving quicker through the crowd, keeping a hand on the rapier at her side.

Cacophony; "This little rodent was responsible for an attack at a Gravisonium turbine, killing one of your fellow citizens who bravely died in the line of duty."

He gestures above himself and it shows security footage from inside the power plant, showing herself and Quav standing over the corpse of a Lorinthian, rather than the metal creature that Kal'ia remembers fighting. He draws a stilleto from his forearm.

Cacophony; "His compatriot has yet to be arrested... But, rest assured, Lorinthians of Qo'nos, she will be brought to justice."

Kal'ia tightens her grip on the Rapier before eyeing an opening in the crowd, making a mad dash for the steps of the capitol. She pushes past a couple people before knocking over one of the guards, getting a couple steps up there before stopping, pulling the Rapier out of its' sheath.

Cacophony; "Hmph. Speak of the devil."

Kal'ia; "Let him go, Cacophony."

Cacophony; "Or what? You'll cut me? You've lost."

Kal'ia; "The battle, maybe, but not the war."

Cacophony flipped the stilleto to a reverse grip, slowly walking over to Kal'ia.

Cacophony; "You think you can just, waltz over here and take the stage from me? What, you think you're some kind of hero?"

He gestures to the crowd, stifling a laugh.

Cacophony; "B-behold! The chosen one is here to save you! You'll die like the rest."

One of the guards, watching with concern, raises a hand.

Guard; "Sir, we could deal with her-"

Cacophony; "Shut up!"

Cacophony is caught off guard as Kal'ias' rapier goes through his neck, square down the middle. She thrusts the rapier upwards, splitting his face in two. The crowd panics and attempts to run, the guards attempting to calm them in the same measure. Kal'ia then swiftly swept Cacophonys' legs before running over to Quav and using the Rapier to cut off his arm binds. As Quav struggled with the muzzle, Cacophony reformed into his true metallic form and drew a short sword, chuckling quietly.

Cacophony; "Well played, but you have no idea how to use that properly. I've had eons to hone my swordsmanship."

Kal'ia pushes Quav behind her and she holds the Rapier with both hands.

Kal'ia; "Like I give a damn. I'm going for that glass heart of yours."

A couple of the guards draw their sidearms on Cacophony and he looks between them.