4 - you.

this chapter contains minimal spoilers from the workshop arc in season two of the tower of god webtoon! it's really just a small spoiler, still, a warning to those who rather not get spoiled either way!

|how the fuck did he manage to pass that wall just with that suitcase?

how many months has it been? years? you didn't know anymore. all you know is that taking all of your tests alone has been rather strenuous.

but that's the way this has to be done. if you were to do any test with even one other person,

they will slow you down.

it was always like this. nobody liked the hyuns much anyway. a perfect win-win situation.

so... why was it that this particular test administrator was forcing you to do a test with a team?

"i have a contract, you know." this wasn't as smooth as you'd expect it to be.

"with the administrator?" they laughed. though you couldn't see their face - it was hidden in a helmet of sorts.

"darling, the workshop is a special case. if you choose to come here, you must compete in a team, otherwise we will disqualify you."

"..." you stayed silent as you went over the possible outcomes of this conversation.. well, negotiation.

"so, if i were to comply, do you already have a team in mind for me to join?"

you could hear them clicking their tongue. "i must say, you catch on fast sweetheart. yes, i already have a team that is happy to have a hyun with them."

"cut the crap. nobody ever likes being near a hyun."

"is this what it's like talking to a member of the great families?" now, you could hear him smiling under that helmet. "again, you catch on faster than i'd thought. if you're this smart, surely you know what you're supposed to do in this team."

you sighed. "i was never a good actor."

"you don't have to be one. although, maybe a deal or two is enough encouragement?"

"now you're on to something. finally, we're getting somewhere." you rubbed your palm on your forehead.

"i'll give you a special gadget if you hold your end of the deal."

"and how special is this gadget?" you raised a skeptical eyebrow at them.

"very special. it'll help in the times to come."

you crossed your arms. "very well then. i guess it wouldn't hurt."

"it was fun bartering with you, sweetie."

you turned on your heel, flicking him with your sweet one-finger gesture on the way out.

"fuck off."

words: 389
published: 31/12/2020

a/n: HAPPY NEW YEAR :)