6 - you.

|also.. that voice.

you sighed dramatically, shrugging your shoulders at the group of them.

"guess i won't be sharing my reasons either." you shifted your weight to your right foot, crossing your arms. "is this all of you?"

"perha-"

"no. there are more of us, they're out right now exploring this place."

the blonde masked boy who was cut off by the yellow-haired one glared at him, as if he had just ruined his fun.

"..what?"

the blonde masked boy then proceeded to stand up, extending a hand to the yellow-haired boy. "well then. this is wangnan."

it was wangnan's turn to glare at the blonde boy. the blonde boy smirked, as if he'd just returned the favor.

"..and this is kh-"

"HEYYY! WE ARE BACK!!!!" another bold voice shouted as the door swung open and closed shut again. the blonde boy managed to get off the hook this time, wangnan crossing his arms at him in defeat, sighing.

"EHHHH? WHO'S THIS PRETTY LADY?" a dark purple-haired boy who looked around the same age as wangnan pointed at you. it was the same voice from just seconds ago. together with him were two girls, one who looked around the age of twelve and the other around fifteen.

"hello there." you smiled, extending a hand. "i'm-"

"she's l/n. now move along, we have some planning to do before the first round starts." the blonde boy made a gesture with his hands, shooing them away.

"yes, sir..." the whole lot of them chorused, leaving the room.

"i see you're the captain of the crew?" you cocked your head to the side, now that only you and the blonde boy remained in the room.

"who else?" he sighed, sitting on the arm of one of the many chairs in the room.

"and to what do i owe this pleasure?"

"what's your motives for being in our group?"

"to think that they said you lot wouldn't be very bright..." you sighed. "to sum up my sappy life story, i just need companions for this test."

"..you've been taking everything alone?"

"yes."

"what an edgy loner."

"speak for yourself, mr. i-don't-want-to-give-you-my-name."

he sighed again, a hand running through his gelled hair. "just call me mr. mask."

"if you say so, mr. mask."

words: 378
published: 14/10/2021