chapter three: a normal day in the forbes household . . .

↳ ❝ [CARMEN] ¡! ❞
CHAPTER 3.
by notanotherwinchester

A KNOCK ON CARMEN'S DOOR ALERTED HER AS SHE WAS WAKING UP. She groaned and turned over in bed, putting a pillow over her ears in the process, and trying to go back to sleep. The knocks got louder and more frequent which caused Carmen to angrily get out of bed and storm to her door. Throwing open the door, her sister smiled innocently, her fist still raised in the air, getting ready to knock again.

Carmen glared at Caroline. "Why are you waking me up at—" She looked over at her bedside clock that read: 8:02. "8 am! I need my beauty sleep."

Caroline shook her head. "No, what you need is to get dressed and go back down to the station with mom for the rest of your questioning."

The younger blonde's lip curled in distaste. "I don't want to go back there. It's not like I was the thing who bit Vicki or something."

Her sister gave her a look. "You can just say animal, y'know,"

"Listen, an animal would go for the body, not the neck. And what animal could do this, Hm? A werewolf? Those don't exist," Carmen's face screwed up and she shook her head. "And wolves don't live here," She put her hands on Caroline's shoulders. "Put two and two together, Care. This wasn't an animal attack. This is something worse." She dramatically said before she shut the door on Caroline's face, oblivious to her sister still on the other side of her door, wildly thinking.

After changing in her bathroom, the young blonde looked into the mirror. Placing her hands on the sink, she sighed and looked up at her eye bags. They were dark and very evident on her pale complexion. Sighing again, she shuffled to the drawer beside the sink and bent down, looking through it for makeup.

Normally, she wouldn't do makeup. Not because it was "too girly" or anything, but because she never found a use for it. All of the makeup she owned was Caroline's old ones, and she didn't know how to use them. She turned away from her reflection and walked out of their shared bathroom, into Care's room. She opened the closed door with no warning, causing Caroline to drop her clothes in shock as she tried to cover her half-naked body.

Carmen's eyes immediately shut and her hand flew to them for extra coverage. She apologized repeatedly to her older sister, (who was yelling at her to get out), and ran back through the bathroom, into her room. She face plopped onto her bed, sinking into it, allowing it to swallow her embarrassment whole and spit it out into the trash.

After a couple of minutes, her mom came into her room and alerted her by the sound of her voice. "I talked to the guy down at the station. You don't have to answer any more questions. They got everything they needed and they're 100% sure it's an animal attack."

Carmen's eyebrows furrowed. "Why would an animal bite somebody in the neck? Wait—" She thought over what her mom just said before throwing her hands up in disbelief. "Did they actually think I somehow bit into Vicki fucking Donovan's neck, inhumanly might I add, and then reported it? That's insane, mom."

Her mother sighed and walked over to her bed, sitting down beside her. "They have to consider everything, honey. It's impossible but any situation needs to be thought over."

"What is going on?" Carmen asked her mother, causing the latter to look away.

A few seconds went by with the young blonde looking at her mom expectantly and Liz still not answering.

Carmen rolled her eyes and nudged her mom. "Mom. What is happening? I know it's not an animal attack,"

Her mother's eyes glazed over as she distractedly shook her head. "Nothing. Everything's all good. Just go to school, okay?"

Deadpanning, Carmen nodded and shooed her mom out of her room so she could hide her eye bags. She started heading to the bathroom before a voice called out to her.

Her mom leaned back into her room. "Oh yeah, and sweetie? Don't make so much noise at night again. It's hard to sleep when you make all that racket." She said before smiling at her daughter and leaving.

Carmen gaped at where her mom once stood. How did she know? She made sure she was quiet...

Wait.

That was a lie. Everything she does is loud. And she might have slammed the cabinets shut when she was looking for chips...

It wasn't intentional, though...

Anyways, Carmen was all ready to go to school, but now she had to wait for Care. Knocking on Caroline's door, she sighed and waited after getting no response. She tapped her foot boredly and yawned.

Knocking again, she rolled her eyes and began to shout. "Oh my god, Caroline get out here! We have school in—" She looked at her phone clock, 8:30, it read. They were late. "Jesus Christ," She muttered under her breath before opening her sister's door harshly and walking in.

Her room was as spotless as it was before. Clean, and untouched. Confused, Carmen spun around in a circle and looked in their shared bathroom. "Caroline?" She called out. Nothing. Her closet? Nothing. A whole lot of nothing affected her sister's room.

The blonde walked out of her room, feeling unsuccessful and annoyed. She grudgingly walked to look out the front door and saw both Caroline and her mom's cars gone. She actually left without her. What the fuck. That bitch. Carmen thought bitterly.

Grumbling curses under her breath, she sighed and tried to think of a plan.

PLAN A: She could walk to school..

It would take like 20 minutes, but it's better than nothing.

PLAN B: She could walk around town and draw in the town's square.

Plan B sounded a lot more enjoyable so she chose it. She walked downtown from her house, (it took around 15 minutes or so) and sat in the middle area in the whole town where benches and decor were.

Pulling out her notebook, she began unconsciously sketching the guy's eyes from her dream. She got a blue colored pencil out and brought it up to color in his eyes before stopping. She was drawing random hot guy's eyes now.

That's weird!

Not really, to be honest he was really hot. Now you can think about him more.

Okay, stop.

She snapped out of her thoughts and closed her notebook quickly. She was hungry. But she was broke. So, uh.. she could apply for a job?