chapter four: a peaceful day is not possible in mystic falls . . .

↳ ❝ [THE GLUE] ¡! ❞
CHAPTER 4.
by notanotherwinchester

✿CARMEN DID NOT END UP GETTING A JOB

CARMEN DID NOT END UP GETTING A JOB. Not because she didn't need it, (because she did), but because her laziness overcame her common sense and spoke for her.

"Too much work AND you'd have to see Matt every day, which is hell in itself." She had told herself in the centre of town.

Unlike her sister, she hated Matt. Despised, even. He was ugly and annoying and pushy and she just didn't like him. His voice made her want to bang her head against a wall and his stupidity made her lose brain cells every time she was around him.

Perhaps in another life, she would be able to focus on one thing at a time and not immediately get bored when something normal happens, but it certainly was not going to be in this reality as long as she remained herself. And she liked her.

CARMEN NEEDED A BREAK DESPERATELY . From everything. From the stress of academic validation she desperately wanted, and from the sour moods that everyone seemed to be in.

So, she went for a walk in the woods. Nature was her safe place. She felt at peace surrounded by the greenery. The swaying of the branches, the cool air flowing, the smells. Carmen could go on and on about the smells. The sweet smells of flowers as they swayed with the wind, the sap oozing out of trees and finding its home on the branches, the sound of the small waves that lingered in the river closeby. She adored nature.

The wind pushed her hair back, and tickled her cheeks, causing a feeling of euphoria to spread throughout her body. Her camera was wrapped around her neck loosely. Occasionally, she would pick it off of her neck and fiddle with the buttons.

So far, she hadn't found anything to take a photo of. It was spring and that meant rain and flowers blooming. Hopefully, she'd be able to take photos of the newly bloomed flowers - if she found any. The forest near her house wasn't the best for photos, but she had limited time and patience.

Carmen had walked for a while, gazing at the trees and leaves - yearning for some sort of miracle to happen that would allow her to find the most beautiful photo to take. And that was exactly what happened. She had been walking around aimlessly, tiredly gazing at her feet - loud yawns coming out of her mouth occasionally. She was about to turn back around and head back home when she came across a clearing. She looked around at her surroundings, slightly anxious. She'd never seen this area before. Carmen pushed the fear off her shoulders and held her chin up high, walking past the tall trees that were resorted in the sky above her. Pushing past branches, she shivered as she thought about bugs on her. But that fear was soon replaced with joy. Right in front of her was a flower field. A rainbow of colors were scattered on the ground, dancing with the wind. Carmen smiled brightly and did a happy dance. The flower field was beautiful. So many different types of flowers, she pointed out some hydrangeas and tulips a fair distance from each other.