🌵chapter 27

The brown jacket Jimin had picked for his alpha that morning, hung over the chair’s handle slipped away slowly. It was left unnoticed like every other thing around Taehyung, whose eyes stayed rooted to the closed operation doors.

Desperately wanting for it to open.

And with the slightest of sounds from the doors his muscles grew stiff.

His steps faltered and never stayed in the same place.

He would walk away from the door, hands rubbing his nape anxiously. And would suddenly turn back hurrying towards the door just to make sure he reached out to Jimin faster in case he was brought out.

His feet lost count of the times he marched on the same path.

When his mind wavered towards the worst possible outcome, his legs would halt refusing to move at all. The strength in them draining to the ground and when he looked down with blurry eyes and a chest weighed with fear, his hands would clutch onto his pant pocket.

The feel of the rings under the dress kept him sane.
Jimin’s ring that Dr.Park had given to him earlier jingled along with his own, which he couldn’t afford to wear alone.

The soft sounds…he wrapped his heart around them.

“Give it back to him yourself when he comes”. He believed those words.

Pulling out the rings he slipped them together around his finger, only to find the turtledoves flying in parallel circles and never getting to meet each other.

So close yet so far. If only their hands were intertwined…

He clenched his hands tight in agony fighting back his tears that kept rising behind his lids.

“Taehyung!”

His father’s unexpected voice released his fist.

He turned around to see all of his family, along with Hoseok and Yoongi, running towards him. Their faces worried sick and a mess of wetness under their eyes. Their steps hurried and hasty.

“What happened? Where is Jimin? Why didn’t you call us?”, Jin braked in front of his son who froze on seeing their expressions.

Sadness and pain clearly flowing out of their scared eyes while he was still fighting back his own fears and insecurity. The moment he witnessed it on others, it all hit him slowly.

His burdened knees hit the cold floor before his tears did.

“Taehyung!”, Jin reached out to him in shock.

“What do I do, Dad?”, he whimpered, his shoulders drooping the lowest his father has seen. He trembled along with his heart and the fear he guarded well until then turned real as he said those words aloud.

“What if he doesn’t come back to me?”

“Don’t say that! He’s going to come back to you”, Jin lifted up his face by those wet cheeks, “He’ll be alright, Taehyung”

He held him like he was the little kid years ago only this time, no amount of words were going to help the wounds.

Taehyung’s face was painted pink from the cries and he struggled to breathe stably. He couldn’t stop sniveling about his fears.

Jin embraced him tight unable to see him hurt and small. Like he was breaking down bit by bit.

And the father’s tears didn’t stay put either.

Mina hid her sobs within Namjoon’s arms and the latter was fighting with all his might to console them but all the books he had read about omega’s physiology through the months made him feel weak. Any word of comfort he came up with seemed like a lie.