🌵chapter 32

“How long has it been?”

Namjoon gently squeezed his son’s tense shoulders.

Taehyung smiled, “How much ever it takes for him to call me by my name”, and walked away from his closed bedroom door.

It had been a month since Jimin closed the door with his kids inside with him. Taehyung waited by the door most of the day ready to answer in case Jimin called him finally.

No. The omega wasn’t mad at his alpha. Nor was he disappointed.

Jimin was scared. To let anyone near his kids. Despite his lactation period, his scent filled the room stronger than before. Intense like a wild fire.

When it would dissipate out through the door crevices, Taehyung slept by it wiping away his tears.

He couldn’t fight Jimin when he decidedly said so.

“I wanna be alone with my kids. Don’t let anyone come in. Neither should you”

The first few days Taehyung prepared the food and left it before the door, leaving after a few knocks or calling out Jimin’s name.

But they were never accepted or his calls replied.

In the middle of the night, he would hear Jimin’s soft steps in the kitchen and the sound of utensils being used. It was mostly instant noodles.

Taehyung hired an omega to cook for Jimin and left it covered on the kitchen counter. As expected Jimin accepted them. The plates were found to be empty in the morning.

From then on, he made sure not to let his scent sit in the living room for longer. He used synthetic omega scents or bought strong scented jasmines or honeysuckles to cover up his.

Whatever his omega needed.

Geonwoo was on his way to the prison to meet his wife. He had left Hyunji at Namjoon’s shop.

As he waited in the booth for his wife, he pulled out a single flower bouquet and placed it on the counter.

“What flower is it today?”, Jiwon smiled as she seated in her chair on the other side of the glass.

“It’s an Aster”, he smiled and gently stroked the tiny purple petals, “and they mean patience”

He looked apologetically at his wife in prison uniform.

“Don’t look at me like that”, Jiwon shook her head, “You saved me from further destroying myself. You shouldn’t feel guilty or sorry for me, honey”

“Be happy for me”, she placed her hand on the glass separating them.

Geonwoo wiped his tears and placed his hand against hers’, “Fine. Let’s be happy for us. For Hyunji”

“What should I take home today?”, Taehyung wandered around his fathers’ flower shop.

“It’s been all strong scented ones lately. Tone it down a bit”, Jin counted the day’s collection from his cash register.

 “Only the strong scented ones keep mine away”, he muttered and picked up some white chrysanthemums, “I’ll take these dad”

“Yeah, that’s a better choice”

Before he could leave the store, his phone pinged with a message.

It was Jimin’s brother. He had sent an image with a message that read; “Tonight probably”

It was the cactus. The first one Taehyung gifted to his omega all those years ago. It was finally gonna bloom that night.

Taehyung rushed to Jimin’s greenhouse.

To his surprise the place was well taken care of and Jimin’s bed all tidy. And on it sat the grown cactus.

The symbol of their bond. Of their love.

It had grown itself a flower bud and Taehyung knew it would be the most beautiful sight to behold when it bloomed. Only if he could…

He took his little one home, smiling all the way.

He left it to sit on the kitchen counter beside Jimin’s dinner hoping he would notice it.

It was ten past two and Taehyung was thirsty. Jimin usually came out of the room by three, so considering it safe, he walked to the kitchen.

As he turned around the corner into the living room, he spotted someone by the kitchen counter. He didn’t hesitate to turn back and leave. He cared about Jimin too much to drive him back into the bedroom. More than his aching heart.

“Finally…”

Taehyung froze in his steps.

“Finally, it bloomed”

He smiled hearing Jimin’s raspy voice. He smiled knowing he was healthy. He smiled about the cactus bloom. He smiled about his husband recognizing their cactus. He smiled and also cried.

But he had to leave.

“You are leaving without seeing the bloom?”, Jimin’s voice pulled at his heartstrings.

“Taehyung-ah?”

Taehyung took his steps carefully into the living room but he couldn’t look at his omega. Not yet.

“They bloomed finally, Tae”

He nodded and his teardrops hit the floor.

“The flowers you bring everyday don’t stand a chance you know”, Jimin broke into a gentle laugh.

That made him look up. And when Taehyung looked, he knew he was wrong. Utterly wrong.

Jimin stood there smiling with his pink cheeks lit up by the filtering moonlight and Taehyung was so wrong that he smiled a little.

Right there was the most beautiful sight to behold.

He took his impatient steps and soon he was running into Jimin’s arms.

Love heals the worst.

THE END.

THANKYOU.