Prologue

PROLOGUE

"What do you think their eye's colour would be?" Kuya Cloud asked us while we are sitting outside the mansion, playing rocks while talking.

"I bet their eyes will be colour blue. Just like eyes, you see?" Sandro said while pointing at his eyes. Kuya cloud rolled his eyes to him. I chuckled, tama naman ang sinabi niya. All of us are coloured blue, there's a low probability that their eyes won't be like ours.

I let them fight and look at the rocks. I stand up and walked faster to Barron and Miguel. "That's dirty! You can't put that in your mouth okay?" I said while wiping Mig's and Barron's hand alternately. "Go inside and wash your hands." They nodded and run towards the mansion.

I looked at the others only to see that they are being scolded by their brothers. I

We are gathered here in my Grandparents' mansion to welcome my twins cousin. Mom told me awhile ago that they're on their way from the hospital. Everything is ready, it's just them that are missing.

"Pasensya na ho talaga, Boss. Wala kasi talaga akong mapag iiwanan at nag iiyak." I can understand them. Naiintindihan ko ang sinasabi niya. I looked at somewhere else, there's a crowd under the mango tree.

"Ano ka ba, sabi ko naman sayo ayos lang. May handa rin naman para sa inyo mamaya."

I narrowed my eyes to see what's with that crowd. Why are they compressing? the weather is too hot. chuckled when I saw Jacob and Ricky cries while Kuya Cloud and Sandro are wiping their hands like what I did to my brothers a while ago.

They're still babies..

"Sid!" I turned my head when I heard the voice of my Papa. "Sid, come with me while waiting for your Tío," I nodded and said my leave to my cousins.

"Coming Dad!"

"Sige ho Ser, puntahan ko na anak ko baka kung ano ano na sinasabi sa mga katrabahador ko." The man in front of us laughed nervously and bid his good bye. Sinundan ko siya ng tingin hanggang sa makarating din siya sa ilalim ng tree, and there, I finally saw kung ano pinag kakagulohan nila.

I pulled my Dad's shirt and asked, "Dad, Who's that girl?" A girl in a yellow dress was sitting beside the man awhile ago.

"Why? She's the hija of that man." We stayed there and checked the workers if they're okay and I just keep looking at the girl. "You keep looking at her, why? Is there any problem hijo?" I shook my head and smiled.

"She's pretty, Dad."

"Welcome Home, Aaren and Amara!" The people shouted as soon as Tio Ariel and Tia Charity entered the mansion with their newborn babies, our youngest cousins.

We gathered to see if Tia Charity is okay and to see the face of our cousins, we were not shocked to see their eyes blue, just like us. I was trying to pinch the cheeks Amara but Tio told me to stop because her skin is still soft and sensitive.

"At least now we are assured that their eyes are just like ours!" We laughed.

"Yeah, All of eyes got our father's eyes because they got it from Lolo!" Sandro stated.

"And yet, no one got the eyes of Lola's. She has a very admiring and beautiful green eyes right?"Indeed, Lola's eyes is very pretty but no one got her eyes.

I stand up and told them that I'll just grab something from he kitchen.

"Why are you in here?" I randomly asked the girl I saw a while ago. She's eating here in our dirty kitchen where our maids usually cook and I don't know why. "You should eat with us. There's a lot of food inside, and then we can play with my cousins." With a confused look, she stood up and walked towards me.

Wow, she is really pretty. I only saw her once, and it was far. I didn't know that she's cute up close!

"Nak, tara na pupunta pa tayo sa bayan." I turned my head to the door's direction and I saw the man who was talking with my father. Oh right, this is his daughter.

"Pa," She looked at he father, "Sabi niya mag laro raw kami kasama ibang bata." I saw her eyes getting watery. His father sighed and kneeled in front of us. "Anak, may handa kasi dito pamilya ng boss namin, hindi pwede, nak." Iling iling na sinabi nito.

Kinalabit ko siya, "Please let her stay po, we'll just play." I pleased him.

"Sige, mag papa-alam muna ako sa Daddy mo, hijo." He smiled at me so I looked at the cute girl beside me and held her hand.

Lumabas kami ng dirty kitchen at nag tungo sa mismong kalooban ng mansion, kung nasaan man ang buong pamilya ko.

I saw my Papá and pulled the older man and his daughter to my Papa's direction.

"Naku, pasensya na Ser. Ito ho kasing anak niyo pinipilit akong iwan muna si Shanelle rito para mag laro sila." I can even hear his nervousness from his voice that's why I glanced at my Papa and smiled. "Nakakahiya man po pero baka po pwede ko munang iwan dito ang anak ko? Pangako kong babalikan siya rito pag tapos ko ho sa bayan!" I bowed his head and I heard my Papa's laugh.

"Ano ka ba, ayos lang. Huwag mo na masydong isipin. Maraming bata naman dito, tignan mo." He faced the entrance of the mansion to show my cousins' place. "Mababait yan, puro nga lang lalaki. Dahil yung kaisa-isahang babae sa amin ay maliit na anghel pa lamang!"

Mabilis na natapos ang usapan nila, I pulled the young girl so that we can play together with my cousins.

"Who's she?" Sandro asked the reason why Kuya Cloud turned his gaze at us.

"She's.." I looked at her, I realized that I don't even know what's her name!

"I'm Shanelle. Nice to meet you!" She smiled at us.

She's pretty cute...

"I like you.." One voice that I heard.

I slowly look at Kuya Cloud's eyes, what did he say?