12. The Final Answer

E L Y S S E P.O.V

All it can take is a few days for someone to change your world and Ace certainly changed mine. I can never understand what Ace see's in me that he wants to be with me so bad. Like I said before I'm nothing special.

It has been a while since I last saw Ace, the reason? I've been avoiding him because I still haven't given his answer. Ace just wants to simply chase after me until I let him catch me. If I say yes the chase will start but if I say no he'll back away and my world will return to what it once was.

I've never been surrounded by friends that will accept me for who I am. I know I've said this before but people tell you to be yourself but what's the point of trying to be yourself if people will judge you for showing who you are.

People are hypocrites and they have no shame. They keep showing their hypocrisy and they never admit that's what they truly are.

I get startled when I hear my phone. I look at my notifications and its messages from Ace. Next, I hear my phone ringing It's once again Ace, I don't answer it.

If I say no my life will go back to the way it was and that's ok but it's not. I was fine being by myself until I got to have a taste of certain things that I've never had before. I want to keep experiencing those things but I would have to let Ace chase me.

I'm greedy and selfish.

I lay on my bed with my limbs sprawled across the dark blankets. I sigh, maybe It'd be best for him to stop he's probably playing the same game as Eric.

I hear a knock at my door and out pops in Olivia.

"Hey, there is someone that wants to see you"

I sit up with my eyebrows pressed together wondering who wants to see me.

"Ugh, Who is it?" I ask "I'm not even fucking dressed" I add

"I think you know who" Olivia wiggles her eyebrows.

She moves away and my eyes widen as Ace steps into my room.

Ace is in my room!

Nobody else has ever been in my room except my parents and sometimes my oh so annoying sister.

"I'll leave you lovebirds alone so you could have fun but make sure to keep the sheets clean it's my turn to do the laundry"

"Olivia!" I shout. I grab my nearest stuffie and threw it at her but she closed the door before it could even hit her stupid face.

I get up and retrieve my stuffie, with my stuffie now in my hands I turn to Ace asking the first question that pops up in my head "Why are you here?"

"I've messged and called you, you never picked up." he says "Plus you've been avoiding me."

I have to make a decision now, I know I can be mean to as far as being a total asshole for making my sister cry several times in the past. Especially when I get extra bitchy when I'm on my period. I'm stuck I don't know what to say to him. I can't ignore him forever and not give him an answer.

Maybe I should go with what I said earlier.

"The fuck you talking about, I've just been busy" flinging away strands of hair that were getting in the way.

"You're not a very good liar," said Ace. He sighs "Elysse, I'm not asking much but to let me pursue here," he says pointing at my heart.

I take a big breath and sigh "Ace, I think I know my final decision" I pause, Ace is not going to like my final answer. "Ace, I know I'm not the type of person to say these things but I appreciate the things you have given me but I don't want you to pursue me just because of my selfish desires, so my answer is no"

Ace will now leave me alone, looks like things will go back to the way they were.

"No?"

"No"

"Elysse, before we even had met face to face I liked you already"

Wait, what? He liked me already? As in me, the so-called "Scary Porcelain doll"

"How?" I say confused. When did he start liking me? I never thought people would take interest in me since the majority of the brainless population looks at me as if, like I've stated so many fucking times that I'm a fucking alien.

I hate that god damn look!

"Sometime after you transferred in Junior year" he confessed

"For that long, huh" I reply

He sighs and begins to speak "I'm guilty though because at first, I thought you were strange but once I saw more of you the more interested I was in you"

My eyes widen a bit. I hug my stuffy that I still had, searching for an answer to give him.

Nobody ever wanted to get to know me or was less very much interested in doing so that's another reason why I was always by myself besides hating people in general.

Maybe just maybe I'll let him chase me.

"Ace" I lean a little forward letting my hair fall to hide my face because I could feel my cheeks get red to being shy or embarrassed and normally I have never felt those emotions.

I take a breath and then try to look at Ace while slightly whispering "Maybe it's ok for you to try" I say with my cheeks evidently ever so blushing away.

Ace doesn't say anything instead he looks back at me with a small smile on his face.

Published: 1/14/2021

Edited: 1/15/2022

Words: 968

Please leave a vote and comment

-fremy :3