Chapter 5 - Fated Beginnings (End)

Zhou Yushi first met Chen Zhiyi when she was in her second year of high school. When Zhou Yushi was still in college, he was begged by Feng Xuyang for several days before reluctantly agreeing to help the stinky boy to hold a parents meeting.

There was no one around his own age around him. Young Master Zhou tapped on the table, his handsome face listless.

Chen Zhiyi bustled back and forth distributing mineral water to the parents as the class monitor. The uncle sitting diagonally in front of Zhou Yu looked as if he had just rushed over from the construction site, his brow beading with sweat. Taking the water, he gulped it down visibly.

When Chen Zhiyi sent them out again from the front to the back, he seemed to inadvertently shoot a glance at her, and continued to drain down the water.

When Zhou Yushi turned the bottle of water in his hand, wanting to give the water to the uncle, but he was also afraid it was somewhat inappropriate.

While struggling, Chen Zhiyi returned energetically carrying in a box of water from outside, while still carrying a bulging schoolbag on her back.

Although the teacher on the podium was stunned by her behavior, she didn't stop smiling.

Chen Zhiyi quickly sent another bottle of water to everyone, and took out many small tissue packets from her bag to distribute one by one.

Zhou Yushi sat in an inconspicuous corner, propping his head up with one hand and watched her run around. The clear ink pupils were smiling, not batting an eyelid as he put that tissue packet into his pocket

Posted on the back wall of the class room were pictures of Outstanding Students*. He glanced up at the end (of the meeting), and he just saw the little girl with her mouth drawn into a guileless smile, the word in black and white beside it read: Chen Zhiyi.

[*T/N: 三好学生 Sān hào xuéshēng – My Chinese teacher explained this one in class before, i.e. an achievement/title given to the best students in the class who have "ideal moral character, good learning, and good health"]

It's a good name.

Zhou Yu lowered his eyes, and the corner of his mouth hooked up without a trace. [T/N: Madam author what does it mean to smile without a trace???]

However, Chen Zhiyi had no memory of this matter. After Feng Xuyang finished embellishing his explanation, Chen Zhiyi was more concerned about another matter.

Chen Zhiyi: Ah! Zhou Yushi, won't the company hire me just because of this?

To be honest, Chen Zhiyi didn't believe that Zhou Yushi would be such a person, but she just wanted to hear his answer.

Zhou Yushi sent her a voice message directly.

Over the phone, he sneered: "Chen Zhiyi, you can question your own strength, but you can't question the company's vision."