Future Plans and First Dates

"So, what are your plans for the future?" Ms. Oikawa asked the two boys, who were lounging on her couch. This was a subject they hadn't really talked about much now that they were together. It was a difficult question since they both had different ideas of what their futures would be.

Iwaizumi's motivations had changed since he was little. First, he wanted to play volleyball professionally like Oikawa, but as time passed it changed. He realized that the professional volleyball life probably wasn't best for him, and wanted to be an Athletic Trainer.

But Oikawa's goals had always been the same. Well, other than that time he aspired to be an alien, but that's not important. He always wanted to play volleyball.

Their different plans were easy to work around but what made it so difficult was the fact that they would be going to different universities. Not to mention Oikawa would have volleyball practice. Finding free time would be rough.

"We hadn't really talked about that, actually." Iwaizumi finally answered. He was the more composed of the two. Ms. Oikawa mouthed a small 'Oh'.

Both boys knew this was something they definitely needed to talk about since graduation was rapidly approaching.

Iwaizumi and Oikawa talked with his mother for a bit longer before they retreated to Oikawa's room. They both knew this was a talk they needed to have sooner than later.

"So," Oikawa began, shutting the door to the room behind him as he entered.

"So," Iwaizumi repeated, taking a seat on his boyfriend's bed. "What are we going to do after we graduate?" He spoke calmly, he believed they would make it. No, he knew they were going to make it. They were soulmates after all. (Laughing over the fact that originally I accidentally wrote 'eat it')

Oikawa thought for a bit, "I don't know." They already knew each other's plans for the future, they just didn't know all the details. "We will be going to different universities, and then there is practice, and of course studying, how can we make time for us?" This was definitely a question that needed an answer.

"We can..." He thought for a moment before speaking again, "I don't entirely know what our schedules will be, so it's very difficult to figure out a plan." Oikawa was silent. "But I do know that I will try whatever it takes to see you." (Feeling cheesy ngl)

Oikawa smiled, "Do you want to move in together after we graduate? I mean I know that we will be going to different universities and it will be a bit of a drive but-" He was cut off by Iwa's lips on his own.

He pulled away from the kiss. "I would love to." It was settled then. They would graduate, move in together, and see how it went from there. But they both knew it would go well.

...

"A date?" Oikawa spoke to the other side of the phone.

"Yeah, a date." Iwaizumi replied. A day had now passed since they had agreed to move in together.

"Wow, Mr. Fancy Man. Being a good boyfriend and taking me on a date." The sass was thick, it wasn't anything new though.

"Nevermind. We're not going."

"No!!! Hajime I'm sorry, you have always been a good boyfriend!" Iwa laughed to himself.

"Fine. I'm picking you up at 3 so be ready." They said their goodbyes after that and they hung up. It was the first actual date they had gone on. They had spent all this time together and gone to the park, but this was the first date.

The day went by slower than usual, both boys excited to go out. First dates were exciting after all, even if they had already been boyfriends for a while.

3:00 finally arrived, and like promised Iwaizumi picked up Oikawa. He had borrowed his parents' car, so they didn't have to walk.

"So, what exactly are you taking me?" Oikawa asked after 5 minutes of being in the car.

"It's a surprise." Iwaizumi responded with a smirk.

"Aw you're no fun, at least tell me what this date entails." Oikawa didn't mind surprises, he was just impatient. A little too impatient.

"Hmm.." He debated whether he should tell him or not. "Nah, you'll see when we get there."

They arrived in front of a planetarium not too long later. "The planetarium!?!" Oikawa was clearly excited.

"Surprise." Oikawa pulled him into a tight embrace.

"Oh my god, I love you so much!" Oikawa squealed as they walked into the building.

They spent a few hours looking at 'space shit', as Iwaizumi liked to call it before they decided to head home.

"Did you have fun?" Iwaizumi asked his boyfriend, backing out of the parking lot.

A bright smile spread across Oikawa's face. "Yeah, I did actually. Thank you." Iwaizumi knew Oikawa loved all things space-related so he figured this would be perfect.

"Hey Hajime," Oikawa started speaking while intertwining his hand with Iwa's free one.

"Yeah?"

"Do you remember that time we thought we weren't soulmates? We were crazy."

Iwaizumi laughed, "That we were."

Remember that time I said I'd make chapters longer? I lied. Oops. I just have something specific for the next chapter and didn't have anything else for this one. 

Hello! "Kid, you know enough about bananas, TO BE A BA NAN A" (Idk why I'm over her quoting Elmo's World)

This story only has 2 more chapters after this one, one of those chapters being an epilogue so I'm actually kinda sad that it is coming to an end. But at the same time, I am also kinda relieved. I normally give up before I finish anything so it's a nice change actually completing something. I'm kinda scared I will mess up the ending though. But honestly writing the next chapter is going to deeply hurt me :((

I will be working on other story's after this, but they will be on a different account. One being a violinist Akaashi BokuAka story, and the other being an alien Iwaizumi IwaOi story.  

Well anyway, I hope you liked this chapter! Tell me what you think! Votes and comments are always appreciated!

-1019 words-