Soft Volleyballs and Soulmate Talk

Iwaizumi awoke the next morning thinking about the conversation he had with his soulmate the day previous. At least I'm not the only one who is in love with someone else. He thought as he looked down to the strokes of writing on his stomach. After the conversation, he felt much better about his whole Oikawa situation.

He got out of bed and got dressed, getting ready for school. Once he was ready he left the house and walked over to Oikawa's place. Texting him to hurry up and get out there. When he got no response he knocked on the door. He heard scurrying from inside until the door was answered by a half-asleep Oikawa. "Shittykawa we have school!" He yelled angrily, hitting Oikawa. Oikawa apologized and ran to get ready leaving Iwaizumi to stand there waiting, not-so-patiently.

10 minutes later Oikawa came back out actually ready this time. They began to walk to school on their usual path Iwaizumi throwing weak insults to Oikawa. They didn't really have much to talk about so most of their walk was silent. Even though Oikawa wanted to ask about Iwaizumi's soulmate silently fearing that they had actually talked. He didn't want them to grow close, he didn't want Iwa to leave his side. So he didn't bring it up despite how curious he was. Finally Iwaizumi spoke up. "Still an asshole to your soulmate?" He spoke trying not to sound overly curious, because to be honest he was thinking the same thing as Oikawa.

Oikawa shrugged, "What counts as an asshole?" he asked, making Iwa glare at him. "Keeping them up at night with drawings." He replied. "Just a little." He replied looking smug. Iwa rolled his eyes and the sidewalk was filled with silence again.

Oikawa finally got the courage to ask, "What about you? Is your soulmate still an asshole?" He asked. Iwaizumi thought for a moment before replying, "Not really. They still keep me up but it's not just to draw random things. Oikawa's heart sunk. Thay had been talking. These were the words Oikawa dreaded he didn't want them to speak. He felt like an ass, trying to keep his best friend from meeting the person that was meant for him. He pushed away the thoughts of hatred towards Iwaizumi's soulmate because it wasn't their fault, whoever they were. He took a deep breath and responded, "Well that's good at least." Back to awkwardness.

They got to school and headed to the gym for morning practice. They went by with their usual routine, Oikawa setting for Iwa and all. Oikawa would often get distracted though, admiring the face of the boy he believed was not his soulmate. Admiring the face of the boy he thought would never be his. I honestly hurt him thinking about it. He thought about if it was a good idea for them to be friends, instantly pushing it away as he would not be able to handle being apart from him. He would just focus on volleyball for now.

It wasn't easy for Iwaizumi either. He constantly felt guilty for thinking of someone that was not meant to be his. He constantly battled with the part of him that told him to push himself away and not get attached since most of the population met up with their soulmates, because why wouldn't they? Why should he try to fight the inevitable, why should he try to stop his bestfriends happiness? They cleaned up the gym and got changed into their uniforms, Iwa running off to the bathroom again. Everyone just ignored it though because they were too afraid to question him. They headed to their classes only parting when Oikawa arrived at his, Iwa continuing on. Oikawa walked into class, grateful that it was Thursday. He pulled out a pen and drew a small volleyball on his wrist, barely noticeable for most people, maybe he did it because he was bored or maybe he did it for his soulmate to see. Both actually.

...

Iwazumi felt his wrist tingle. This is the first time he had seen any drawings anywhere other than his stomach or chest. He examined the small sketch looking at the volleyball that took shape. He chuckled. They like volleyball huh? At least that was something he knew, or thought he knew at least. He wondered if his soulmate was someone actually annoying, or if they just took advantage of the soulmate feature. He realized he knew nothing about them even though they had the opportunity to get to know each other right there on their skin. He didn't even know their gender. Iwaizumi didn't really have a preference, to be honest he hadn't really thought about his sexuality. He just knew that he had liked Oikawa, a dude, for a while. His thoughts were interrupted when the bell rang.