Chapter 7

I had finished freshening up and I was wearing my comfy clothes when the door bell rang.
I quickly wore my black sweatpants and a big t-shirt, white was the colour.
I quickly rushed to the door to open it.

Well talk of unexpected visitors today. It was my boss. Well...not my boss BOSS but my senior. He was promoted a status higher than mine because of 'Crime Pablo' . But with my new case, Sir Levi, it would land me a seat and respect that he can't reach for.

"Nelson, fancy seeing you hear."  More like annoying.
In response he pushed me aside and made his way into my apartment. Talk about rude.
"Alex( what Zemora's real name is) not even a hey?"

"You clearly pushed me to get into my house so how about we are even."

He quietly laughed and says, " ever fiesty. Just like I like it." Honest to God, this statement made me internally cringe. He always kept sending signals but I kept ignoring them and acting oblivious to his attempts.

"What you here for?" Well shouldn't we cut to the case.

"I'm your boss, I was overlooking the job." Bullpiss! This are the people that with little authority act as the overall. I daily hated his pride arse. "Okayyyyyy. To see you ofcourse."

And there goes the love arrows.

He turns to look at me and the dude ain't that bad looking. Let's just say he had his good days. But how he kept insisting on a typical American and an African to be something was fascinating.

"I thought you were in a mission in Australia."

"You know me. Give me three months I deliver in half a month." Woow. The pride dripping in every word was choking me.
He ran a hand in his ginger hair and glances around my house with  dark brown eyes and purses his lips and with his hand that was recently in his hair was pinching his long American nose.

"Good to know then."

"Sooo how's you case going?"

"Never better." It was true.

"Need any help?"

"Nope." I said popping the 'p'.

"Let me help you. Why did you even take on that case? It's dangerous. Let me do it. And you take a less danger oriented one." Funny thing is that you'll think its caring but its just pure greed.
He just wants to steal my case like last time. You know the 'Crime Pablo' one. He stole it from me.
Me and my unit had intel of where Pablo was and had planned an ambush. But I don't know how but the next five hours later Nelson appeared with Pablo, who looked oddly cooperative for some drug dude who's just been busted, and that was how he was given the seat he now has. I mean there were no dead men, both his and Pablo's, which was kinda weird. And his sentence was house arrest for five years only. I mean is it me or a man who sold drugs to children and caused more than ten thousand deaths a month deserve more punishment. Or maybe the dude had influence in the court.
But this time I wasn't gonna share any info of my case to him.

And just when I thought can't  a man be greedier?

"Nah. I can manage. How but you go help poor Janey. I heard that she only has a three weeks and she is far from cracking her case."

"I sense jealousy in the air." He said then took a deep breath. Was he seriously insinuating that I'm in anyway jealous. God please help his brain.

"You need to leave."

"Someone is coming over eyy?" He revealed his Chicago accent.

"What someone?" Maybe it was Sir. Levi, but he left awfully earlier than Nelson's coming.

"The man I just saw leaving the building right now."

"You do realise this is an apartment. Many people who are men live here. Do grow up!"

He sighs and says, " I'll see you later."
He turned to the door, opened it and before closing it he flashed his white well damn arranged teeth at me and then closed my door.

May he be hit by a truck when he is crossing the road.

Damn that man!

Now I need coffee.

________________________

UPDATES PEOPLE.

READ MY SHIT.

LOTS OF LOVE TO MY VIEWERS.

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @astrid.kap