Chapter Two

"Cole?" Kai calls out, swimming to the cave where the pair first met.

To his surprise, it's empty. Kai swims around the whole Reef, checking every single possible hiding spot. Kai sighs and heads off.

It's Monday. He'll probably still be at home today.

The next day, Kai comes back to the Reef with Jay and Nya in tow, considering its Boat Day. One of the only days of the year when hundreds of rowing boats travel above the Reef. Sneaking away from the young couple, he escapes to the cove. Empty. Kai sighs and swims to the top, perching on the top rock, hoping to see the handsome teenager that is Cole. Where are you?

Wednesday. Midweek travel to find the Siren Cove. Kai swims out to the Reef at around four in the morning. The sun isn't out yet, meaning there's little chance of Cole being there.

Fifteen hours later, Kai finds himself back at the Reef. Cave? Empty. Of course, it was. Maybe this is a lost cause. Kai shakes his head softly.

"I need to see him again."

Over the next three days, the cave remains empty, and there's no sign of Cole. It's been one week...something really bad could have happened to him. Or he's been forced to stay home.

It's Monday again. Eight days since Kai first met Cole. Seven days since he started to try and meet up with Cole again. Seven failed attempts.

Over the following week, Kai constantly goes back to the Reef, hoping he can meet Cole again. And, as with the previous week, there's nothing. There's no sign of him.

Maybe this is pointless. He's not coming back.

Kai swims home and into the kitchen, just as there's a knock on the door.

Sorry, it's short, hope you enjoyed it!