Epilogue

"Do you, Kai, take Cole to be your husband?"

"I do," Kai squeezes Cole's hands.

Tears are streaming down Cole's cheeks. Kai smiles and rubs circles on Cole's knuckles.

"Do you, Cole, take Kai to be your husband?"

"I do," Cole replies, more tears running down his face.

I just wanna wipe his tears away.

"You may now kiss."

Kai swims closer and wraps his arms around Cole's waist, pulling him against himself, their tails pushed together. Cole wraps his arms around Kai's neck, leaning into him.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Kai leans in and presses his lips onto Cole's. Cole kisses back, his hands going into Kai's hair. Kai pulls away first and hugs Cole tightly. Cole hugs back and rests his head on Kai's shoulder. Kai smiles and runs his hands through Cole's hair.

𓆉𓆉𓆉
A few days after their wedding, Kai and Cole find themselves back at the Reef, in the small cave where they met. Kai hugs Cole from behind and rests his head on his shoulder.

"I'm so glad I met you."

Kai's warm breath tickles Cole's neck, making him shiver slightly.

"Me too."

Kai trails his hand down Cole's arm and to one of Cole's scars that never healed from when he was captured four years ago. He gently traces it. Cole turns in Kai's arms and snuggles into him. Kai kisses his hair gently.

So...Underwater is now complete! And yes it was going to be short. Hope you enjoyed it and thank you for reading!