Chapter 6

"I'm sorry, sir. I told him not to go, please don't deactivate me. He kept babbling about his mission, I couldn't stop him." The gold droid pleaded from the dark, hiding behind a big and old piece of equipment. "Oh no." Luke realized what happened to the R2 unit. Grabbing his binoculars, he ran back outside.

Putting the binoculars to his eyes, he looked for any sign of the droid anywhere, wishing he was in seeing distance. Looking around, he couldn't find him, not even his tracks.

"That R2 unit has always been a pain." 3PO said as he stood next to his new master. "He's nowhere in sight. I'm really gonna get it this time. Blast it!"

"Pardon me, but couldn't we go after him?" 3PO asked. "No, the sand people are out. It's too dangerous right now. We'll have to go in the morning." Owen yelled from inside, "Luke! I'm shutting the power down."

"I'll be right there!" Luke yelled back then spoke to the droid, "Don't say a word. That little droid is gonna get me in a lot of trouble." 3PO replied, "He's good at doing that, sir." Luke sighed and took one last look before going back inside, "Come on."

-

For the last 19 years, Anakin Skywalker lived in a small hut in the outskirts of Tatooine. Far, but not too far from the town, marketplace, or his son. He has gone by 'Anakin' since the Galactic Empire was formed. Plus, Owen thought Luke shouldn't know his last name was 'Skywalker.'

When Luke was younger, Anakin would visit and help out around the house. He did it as an act of kindness, but mostly to be able to see his son. It was when Luke started growing up that Owen confronted Anakin about it. Owen advised him not to visit anymore since he wanted to protect Luke. Anakin was upset, but knew Owen was right. Since then, almost 10 years ago, he hasn't seen his son.

He visited Alderaan twice and saw Leia those two times. It was when the Emperor had requested to have death troopers visit the Organa's home was when Anakin had to stop. They almost caught him while he escaped from the planet. He contacted his old master for a brief time to request that he looks after Leia on Alderaan, and Obi Wan agreed. That was 12 years ago and the last time he spoke with his old Master, or saw his daughter.

To stay busy over the years, Anakin would practice what he could with the Force. He didn't want Kreia to sense him, so he did it lightly. Anakin didn't even know if Kreia was alive anymore, he hasn't reached out to her or felt her. He didn't want to risk it though. He hasn't touched his lightsaber since he moved to Tatooine.

Anakin hasn't gone out of his small home, only to visit the marketplace and town if he needed anything. He stayed out of everyone's way and kept to himself. He often recalled the times he spent with his friends and wife, the missions he went on, and the happiness that followed with it.

Time and again, he would think about joining the Rebellion. He knew if he did, his name would be revealed. Most likely, Darth Kreia and the Emperor would chase after him and the Rebellion would be hunted down even more. He wanted to be involved in the action, but he also wanted to be smart about his decisions.

Anakin spends his nights meditating and dreaming, reminiscing. He remembered her, the feeling of her in his arms, her voice, the softness of her skin, her beauty, the way she would smile. Every night Anakin would fall asleep thinking about her. He even imagined how it could've been if y/n wasn't dead. Anakin woke up to the yells of the sand people a distance away from his home. Lifting himself up from his bed, he put on his old Jedi robe and walked outside of his house to the cool air. He followed the roars until he reached a long ditch in between sandstone hills. Seeing them steal and rummage through the speeder, he saw a body laying next to it.

The sand people noticed Anakin as he walked closer and quickly scurried away from the scene. The sand people were already terrified of Anakin from previous incidents. As he got closer, he put his hood over his head. He didn't notice who the boy was, but he knew the droid hiding in a small cave.

"R2?" He asked. The droid beeped and Anakin took off his hood, "It's okay. They're gone now." The droid came out and whistled to his old friend. Anakin placed his hand on the droid, then looked at his son.

Squatting down, he could feel the boy's life force still intact. Luke stirred awake, then placed his hand on his head with a groan. Anakin helped Luke sit up, then sat on a rock across from him. "Rest for a bit. You're lucky you're still breathing."

It was quiet as Luke fully awoke, then asked, "Who are you?" Anakin replied, "Anakin. Who are you and why were you wandering around these dangerous parts?" The boy looked around, "I'm Luke Skywalker. I remember you when I was younger. You helped around the house."

Anakin froze, he didn't know what to do. He always thought about what his reunion with his son would be like. He wasn't expecting it to be like this. "This R2 unit says he belongs to an Anakin Skywalker. Do you know him?" Luke questioned while standing up.

"I haven't heard that name in a long time." Anakin kept his eyes on his son. He resembles him and y/n almost perfectly, a fair balance between the two. Instead, Anakin pushed the thought of his looks on Luke, and on y/n's. He definitely has her beauty. I wonder if Leia does too.

"I asked my Uncle if he knows him or if he's some sort of relative to me. He said he had most likely left these areas or dead." Anakin chuckled, "Oh, he's not gone, or left Tatooine." Luke asked, "Do you know him?"

Luke's father felt a panic rush through him. He didn't know what to say, nor did he think it was the right time. Before Anakin could say anymore, the overwhelming sounds of Tusken Raiders interrupted his thoughts.

"We better head inside before more Tuskens come." Anakin stood up. "Where is inside?" Luke asked. "My home. It's not far from here." Anakin elaborated. Luke agreed then allowed Anakin to lead him, C3PO, and R2 back to his home.

Opening the door, a figure stood with his back to them. Their dark brown hood was over their head as they turned around to face them. Anakin was confused as to who or why someone was in his house, until the figure took their hood off and faced them.

"It's been a long time, old friend."

"Obi Wan?"