Chapter 11

The Sith Lady hurried down the hallway. She didn't hear her boots click against the floor or the voices saying announcements over the intercoms. All she could hear was her thoughts. All she could feel was him. "It can't be."

The stormtroopers came to a stop and stood tall, showing their chests as she walked past them. She didn't care about rank or power at this moment. All she cared about was that brief feeling she hasn't felt in so long. When an Officer alerted over the communications that a ship flew into the hangar, she knew what the familiar sensation was.

Anakin.

Entering the hangar, stormtroopers and Commanders lined up around the hangar, blasters ready while search teams were inside the ship looking for any passengers who have stumbled across their secret weapon. An Officer and two stormtroopers exited, stopping ahead of Kreia. "There's no one on board, my lady. According to the log, the crew abandoned ship right before leaving Mos Eisley. It must be a decoy. Several escape pods have been jettisoned."

Kreia tilted her head up, trying to feel that same sensation. "Did you find any droids?" The Officer shook his head, "No, my lady. If there were any, it's most likely that they have also jettisoned."

"Send a scanning crew onboard. I want every part of this ship checked." She closed her eyes, hoping to feel him. Hoping to feel that sense of serenity and comfort that she once felt so long ago, something she was practically begging for. But she felt nothing.

Without a word, she turned her back to the Officer and went to her chambers.

-

The door slid open to show an Officer standing behind the door ready to leave. Chewie growled and flung his arm at the man, throwing him to the ground unconscious. Anakin threw his helmet at the man while Han shot the remaining Officer. Obi Wan and 3PO scurried into the room as they waited for Luke to catch up.

Closing the door behind him, Luke took off his helmet and watched Han. "Between his howling and you blasting everything, it's a wonder the whole station doesn't know we're here." Han huffed, "Bring them on. I prefer a fair fight rather than sneaking around."

"We've found the computer outlet, sir." 3PO announced after R2 beeped at him. "Plug in. R2 should be able to interpret the entire imperial network." Obi Wan responded. The astromech did so, communicating with 3PO. "He said he found the controls to the power beam that's holding the ship here. He'll try to make a precise location appear on the monitor. The tractor beam is coupled to the main reactor in seven places. A power loss at one of the terminals will allow the ship to leave." The image appeared on the monitor and flashed the terminals.

"I don't think you guys can help. I must go alone." Obi Wan walked towards the door. Han grabbed his helmet, "Whatever you say. I've done more than I've bargained for on this trip already." Anakin grabbed Obi Wan's arm, pulling him closer, "You can't go alone. If Kreia finds you, there's no telling what will happen. You need me."

"I'm afraid I will, but you can't. If Kreia finds out that you're here now, she will not stop. It's not time to reveal yourself to her and you know that." Obi Wan whispered in Anakin's ear, "Especially with both of your children here." He backed away, giving Anakin a small smile. "Don't worry about me. I will meet you back at the ship, alright?" Anakin sighed, "Fine. Be careful, old man." Obi Wan chuckled, "You as well."

Obi Wan eyed Luke, "Listen to your father. No matter what he says, do it." Luke nodded, "I will." Opening the door, Obi Wan looked at Anakin and Luke before running down the hall, "The force will be with you, always."

Luke pressed the button and closed the door. Chewie placed his hands on his hips, "Argh argh argh."

"You said it, Chewie. Where did you guys dig up that old fossil?" Han questioned. "Ben is a great man." Luke defended. "Yeah, great into getting us in trouble."

"I didn't hear you give any ideas."

"Well anything's better than just hanging around waiting for them to pick us up."

"Who do you think-" Luke was interrupted by R2's beeps. "What is it?" Anakin asked. 3PO replied, "I'm afraid I'm not quite sure, sir. He says, 'I found her, and 'She's here." Luke walked to the droids, "What? Who? Who's here?"

"Princess Leia."

"The princess? She's here?"

"Princess?" Han questioned.

"Level 5, detention block AA-23." 3PO translated. R2 beeped once more. "I'm afraid she's scheduled to be terminated." 

Anakin's heart dropped to his feet- no, lower than that. He didn't know what and if Kreia knew, but at this moment he wanted to reach out to her. Anakin wanted to tell the Sith that the princess was his daughter- their daughter. 

All Anakin did was take a seat in one of the isolated chairs and put his face on his fists. He needed to think.

"We have to do something." Luke said. "What are you talking about?" Han's face was puzzled. "The droids belong to her. She's the one in the message. We gotta help her." 

"Don't get any funny ideas, kid. The old man wants us to wait here and I'm gonna do just that. We've already done more than what we were getting paid for." Han sat down next to R2. "But he didn't know she was here." Luke turned to 3PO, "Find a way into that detention block."

"I'm not going anywhere."

"They're gonna execute her. A few minutes ago you said you didn't want to wait to be captured. Now you want to stay?" Luke argued. "Marching into the detention block is not what I had in mind."

"But they're gonna kill her."

"Better her than me." 

Anakin was going to say something until Luke crept up behind Han. "She's rich." Han asked, "Rich?" Luke nodded, "Yep. Rich, powerful. If you rescue her, the reward would be more wealth than you can imagine." Han spun his chair to face Luke, "I don't know. I can imagine quite a lot." 

"You'll get it."  Luke promised. "I better." 

"You will." Han pointed his finger, "All right, but you better be sure about this. What about you?" He looked at Anakin. 

Anakin nodded, "Let's save the princess."

-

The elevator door opened behind the four. Walking out, an Officer put his hands behind his back. He looked up at Chewie, "Where are you taking this.. thing?" Luke replied from under the stormtrooper helmet, "Prisoner transfer from cell block 1138." 

"I wasn't notified. I'll have to clear it." The Officer motioned for the men dressed in black holding blasters to do their job. The two men readied their blasters as they moved closer.

Chewie flung his arm at them, throwing them away from them. Trying to stay in character, Anakin, Han, and Luke fired shots, intentionally missing and shooting the cameras instead. Shots flew from both sides, none hitting the four. When all the cameras were destroyed, they shot at the Imperial employees. 

Han ran to the controls, locating which cell the princess was in. "2187. Okay, go get her." Anakin hurried up the stairs into the hallway to find the cell number. A blast fired from where Han and Luke were, making Anakin turn around. "Anakin, we're gonna have company!" Han yelled from down the hall. 

Turning his head left and right, Anakin finally found it. Pressing the button, the door slid open to show his daughter lying her head on her arm on the metal bed. The sight made him freeze. She looks like y/n, Anakin thought. "What do your masters need now?" Leia asked, sitting up. 

"Masters? Oh the outfit." Anakin took off his helmet, "I'm Anakin Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you." Leia shot up from her bed, "Thank you." They both ran out of the room and down the hall. 

-

"He is here."

"Obi Wan Kenobi? How are you certain?" Tarkin asked from his chair at the end of the long table. "A tremor in the force. I felt him instead of who I was trying to find. The last time I felt the presence of my old friend was years ago." Kreia explained, crossing her arms. 

"Surely he must be dead by now." Tarkin suggested. "Do not underestimate the force. He is alive. I must face him and destroy him." Kreia turned her back to Tarkin, leaving the room to find her old friend from a much simpler time.