Chapter 14

Luke was frozen in fear. He had heard stories of the ruthless and destructive Darth Kreia from the pilots that passed through Tatooine. Rumors were that she was a Jedi who had murdered countless of other Jedi, causing them to go extinct.

"My mother?" He gasped, shock plastered on his face. "I thought you said she was dead."

"Anakin! We need to go!" The princess shouted from the ship. Kreia tilted her head in amusement. The chaos yet peace within the connection between her and Anakin. It brought a long lost feeling to her. All there was in the room was them.

Yet, she couldn't deny how powerful she felt. Seeing the fear on her own son's face gave her delight. Normally, she would fall to her knees and cry after being told her children were alive. But due to her insane episode, she took pride in their fear for her. Especially Anakin's hatred towards her. She could feel it pouring out of every bone in his body, giving itself freely to her.

"We have to go." Luke told Anakin. Taking in one last view of his lover, he couldn't help but shake his head in disbelief at her. He couldn't believe what he had seen. Y/n was really dead.

Grabbing Luke's arm, they ran to the ship and went inside. Chewie and Han sat in the cockpit, sending the ship out of the hangar and into space; leaving the now-calmed Kreia standing in the same position.

Shocked at what had just happened, she stood still. Her eyes met Anakin's through the cockpit window. They were locked on each other until the ship flew out of the hangar and going into hyperspace.

-

"Not bad for rescuing, huh? You know, sometimes I amaze even myself." Han spun in his chair to face Leia. "That doesn't sound too hard. They let us go. It's the only explanation for our escape. We got out too easily."

"Easy? You call that easy?" Han boomed. "They're tracking us. There's no way all of us would've gotten out in one piece if they didn't want us to leave." He shook his head, "No, not this ship."

It was true, the Empire had been tracking them. When they had departed from the ship, Officers had ordered stormtroopers to put trackers on the ship. Hopefully, they'd be able to find out the location of the rebel base.

Leia scoffed at his dubious behavior, "At least the information in R2 is still intact." He sat forward, "What's he carrying that's so important?" Her tone was annoyed, "The instructions on how to destroy that battle station. All we need to do is analyze it to find precisely how. It's not over yet."

"It is for me, sister. Look, I'm not in this for your revolution or for you, Princess. I'm in it for the money." Leia rolled her eyes, "Don't worry about your reward. If money is all you want, then that's what you'll get."

Leia stood up and stormed out, meeting Luke at the door. "Your friend is quite the mercenary. I wonder if he cares about anything or anybody." She went down the hall and Luke called out, "I care."

Luke faced Han and sat next to him where Leia sat prior. He had been avoiding Anakin as best as he could in the confined space. Anakin didn't bother Luke, which was making Luke more antsy. He needed something to take his mind off of the news that his mother wasn't dead. Instead, his mother is the most feared, ruthless, and hated person in the galaxy.

"So.. what do you think of her?" Luke sighed. "I'm trying not to, kid." Luke smirked slightly, "Good." Han noticed his relief and decided to play with him, "She has a lot of spirit. What do you think? A guy like me and a Princess.." Luke shook his head, "No." Han smiled in amusement as Luke laid back in his chair.

They approached Yavin 4, the forest moon the rebel base was on. Landing on the ground, they walked out of the ship to be greeted by rebel troops. Leia presented herself, showing that they were no harm.

Taken to the hangar by a vehicle, Leia stood up and hugged a man. "You're safe. We heard what happened to Alderaan, we feared the worst. I'm so sorry about Bail." Anakin lowered his head, remembering the good man he had given his daughter too.

"Thank you, but there's no time for sorrows, Commander. You have to use the data in this R2 unit to help plan the attack. The Empire tracked us here. The droid's information is our only hope."

The Commander's eyes moved to Anakin. "Anakin Skywalker, it's an honor to meet you." He stuck out his hand. Anakin took it, flashing him a smile, "Thank you. Let me know what I can do. I will help in any way I can."

"You wouldn't be able to use the force to take down the Empire, would you?" The man spoke jokingly. Anakin chuckled, "I'm afraid not." He sighed, "I look forward to working with you, Skywalker."

-

"Yes?" Admiral Tarkin pressed the beeping button. "We're approaching the planet, Yavin. The rebel base is on a moon on the far side. We are preparing to orbit the planet." The man spoke from the other side of the microphone.

"Perfect." Tarkin smirked at Kreia.

"You best prepare our pilots. They won't go down without a fight." Kreia warned. "On the contrary, we will be ready for their puny attacks."

"I hope you are." Kreia left the room, leaving the Admiral alone to relish in his thoughts and great ego.

-

"The battle station is heavily shielded. It carries a firepower greater than half the star fleet. Its defenses are designed around a direct large-scale assault. One of our small, one man fighters would be able to penetrate the outer defense." The visual zoomed to show what the man was talking about.

"Pardon me for asking, sir, but what good are small fighters against that?" A rebel pilot questioned. "The Empire doesn't consider a small fighter to be of any threat or they'd have a tighter defense. An analysis of the plans provided by Princess Leia and the crew, Rogue One, has showed a weakness in the battle station. The approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point." The visual moved around to demonstrate what they were supposed to do and how far they were gonna have to go.

"The target point is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction, destroying the Death Star. Although, the shaft is ray shielded, so you will have to use proton torpedos."

Anakin felt how on edge everyone was about the defenses in the station. Everyone was either scared, or uncomfortable with the information.

Anakin overheard a pilot next to Luke say, "That's impossible, even for a computer." Luke shook his head, "But it isn't. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my speeder back home. They're not too much bigger than two meters."

"Then man your ships, and may the Force be with you." Everyone stood up and headed towards the hangar and began preparing their ships. Anakin peeked over at Luke every while to see how he was doing. He took his time observing since he was unsure if he would see his son after this assault on the Empire. He didn't know what would happen, he never did- not even with his wife.

-

"The moon will be in range in thirty minutes." The man spoke over the speaker.

"This will be a day long remembered, Kreia." Tarkin spoke with full confidence, keeping his eyes out the window. "It has seen the end of Kenobi, now it will see the end of the rebellion." The Sith lowered her head, staying silent behind Tarkin.

As much as Kreia took pride in herself for what she has created, she was also disappointed. Her family was on that moon; her heart. At the same time, her brain was here, telling her how powerful she was and what she has accomplished along with her duties given to her by a close friend, the Emperor. Just as when she got her family back, it felt as if she was going to lose them all over again.