Two

After that, Y/n heads straight for her dorm

After that, Y/n heads straight for her dorm. She lays down on the bed and cries. She cries her heart out. What did she do to ever deserve this? She's alone now. Nobody's coming to help. She's gonna be stuck here until she's killed.

'I can't die.. not here.. I have a whole life to live.. I have things to do and I have places to go.. I can't die.. I.. can't die..'

That one thought repeats in her head the whole night. She can't die. This isn't real. It's just a messed up nightmare. It can't be this bad.. can it?

Can it?

She eventually manages to fall asleep late into the night, not a pleasant sleep though, the kind of sleep where you wake up and you're still crying.

The Monokuma morning announcement plays, Y/n covers her ears with her pillow and stays in bed.

"I'll stay in bed for the rest of whatever life I had left if I have to.." She mumbles to herself and closes her eyes again.

She can't tell how much time passes, 10 minutes, 4 hours.. that's the mystery of sleep. You have no idea what goes on during that time.

She is woken up by a ring coming from the door. Someone is ringing the doorbell.

She ignores it and stays in bed, she then cranes her neck to the side to see the time on the clock hanging on the wall.

2:07 PM

Has she really been asleep for that long.?

- -

Kyoko stands at the door after ringing the doorbell. Holding the tray with toast and a glass of water in the other hand.

She sees Makoto and Sayaka passing her in the hallway.

"Have either of you seen Y/n today?" Kyoko asks both of them, they stop and turn to look at her.

"No.. she's been in her dorm all day." Makoto replies.

Kyoko sighs. "She didn't eat anything yesterday either. She was also sick before anything even started."

"Don't worry! I'm sure she's okay.. she's probably just a little worried. We all are.!" Sayaka says sweetly.

"Mhm." Kyoko rings the doorbell again. Then knocks on the door.

This time, after a long and silent pause, the door clicks open, and Y/n opens it. She looks tired and worn out, her hands are also slightly shaking.

"Hey.. is that for me.?" Y/n points to the toast.

"..Yes.. Since you haven't eaten yet." Kyoko hands the tray to Y/n. Y/n takes it and it wobbles in her hands.

"Can.. you help me carry it in.? My.. My hands are kind of shaky.." Y/n hands the tray back to her.