Four

"So it musta been Makoto! Sayaka was killed in his dorm and the note on Y/n said his name!" Hiro says

"It wasn't me! Me and Sayaka switched dorms for the night.. and.. I can prove it.! See? I have the key to her dorm.!" Makoto defends. Y/n just stands at her podium quietly.

The debate goes on. Makoto ends up proving it isn't him.

"Well.. fine then. We can rule out Makoto and Y/n then. 'Cause Y/n was passed out until the morning."

"No. I don't think that's correct." Kyoko interrupts. "According to Hina's account, she saw no such attack."

"Yeah.. I talked to Y/n after she came out her dorm.. and I.. watched as she went into Sayaka's dorm.. or Makoto's.. whoever's had Sayaka's nameplate on it." Hina says sadly.

"I-! Huh-!?" Y/n stutters. "But.. but I never went to Sayaka's dorm!"

"No.! That's wrong.!" Makoto yells.

"Wha-!?" Y/n widens her eyes and steps back a little.

"We have other evidence that proves you saw Sayaka. This note." He shows everyone the note that was slid under Y/n's dorm. "This was in Y/n's pocket."

"That's-! That's-! T-That isn't mine-!" Y/n cries out.

"You can deny it all you want, but you definitely went into the dorm Sayaka was staying in. Now tell us what actually happened that night."

Y/n pauses, she looks towards Kyoko, Kyoko looks calm. She looks deep in thought.

"I.. I did go to Sayaka's dorm.. but I didn't kill her! I could never kill someone.." Y/n looks down. "Sayaka gave me that note. So I went to her dorm.. she was in there.. and.. she tried to hit me with the knife. She managed to get my head once. I used the gold sword to block her attacks. I escaped the room and tried to get back to my own.. but I threw up, just blood. I passed out. That's the truth. That's all I remember."

"That's such a lie! You obviously went in her dorm and killed her! Why would you be vomiting blood anyway!? Nobody believes that!" Leon says.

"Actually, it is true. Y/n has.. some sort of condition. I don't really know what it is.. she never told us. But she does vomit when she gets really scared." Makoto says.

Y/n doesn't say anything. She just keeps looking down.

"But there's no proof that's what happened! She just killed Sayaka then went back in her dorm, then forged the note and pretended to be passed out in the morning!" Leon continues. He seems super confident in his answer.

"I don't think that's what happened. Of course fools like you just assume what answer is easiest for your simple minds to comprehend." Byakuya sneers.

"What are you talking about!? It's gotta be Y/n. It's the only option!" Mondo says.

"You're missing one vital clue. Look at the bloodstains on the floor."