when it's blue

"say, oikawa-san, how's our relationship with shiratorizawa's volleyball team?" y/n asked, tying her hair into a ponytail (you can ignore this if you have short-short hair😽). "they seem rather accomplished, and it doesn't appear we've been able to defeat them in a tourna—"

"no." oikawa recoiled, his face showing an unreadable emotion. y/n knew well enough that it wasn't a pleasant one.

"...my apologies if i struck a nerve," she furrowed her brows and frowned. "then," she picked up her clipboard from off the ground, "i have a myriad of other teams we could choose from, shiratorizawa just seemed like the best option. date tech is another, and i could try to set up a game with niiyama girls' team, if you're okay with them. "

"eh, as long as it's not shiratorizawa i don't care," oikawa said, walking off.

"l/n-san, coach wants to talk to you," yahaba called. y/n waved to show she heard him.

"l/n-san," irihata started, "we have a practice game with karasuno, please put it on the schedule."

"for sure." y/n smiled, noting it down in her calendar.

practice went on as usual, and soon it was over.

"yahoo, l/n-chan," oikawa sang, ruffling her hair. "wanna walk home with us again?" he gestured to the third years. y/n nodded.

"i'm sure you're aware that we have a practice match with karasuno. i haven't been able to find much information on their te—"

"don't worry, don't worry. there's no need to think about that right now." oikawa patted y/n's shoulder a little harder than he meant to, causing her knees to buckle from the force. "anyway, we were planning on going to the amusement park this weekend, wanna come along?"

y/n looked up from her notebook, slightly wide-eyed. "would that be okay? i wouldn't want to intrude."

"we'd enjoy it, right iwa-chan?" he turned to the ace, a smug smile on his face.

"uh, yeah." iwaizumi mumbled, blushing.

y/n pressed a hand to his forehead. "iwaizumi-senpai, are you feeling alright? your face is rather flushed. here." she got an unused water bottle from her bag, "please remember to drink water and rest when you get home. you should prioritize your health over practice."

iwaizumi blinked and nodded, uncapping the water bottle and taking a couple gulps. as y/n watched she felt her face heat up, she turned away and covered her mouth. he's so attractive, oh my god.

"l/n-san, are you feeling alright?" iwaizumi asked, wiping his mouth. "er—here you should also drink some."

this just caused y/n's face to heat up more, she nervously laughed and took the water bottle from iwaizumi, pressing it to her lips. an indirect kiss? y/n, you're so stupid. what are you thinking?

the other third years just watched the whole exchange, matching simpers on their faces.

as soon as y/n got home, she took off her shoes and rushed to her room. flopping onto her bed, she buried her face in her pillow and screamed. (did you think she'd do something indecent?)

"y/n, honey, are you alright?"

"yes, mom. sorry," she replied.

"alright. dinner will be ready in 45 minutes, be downstairs by then."

a ping from her phone shook her out of her thoughts. she had given oikawa her phone number so he could make a group chat with the five of them so they could organize their visit. she unlocked her phone and had a good five minute conversation where she could get everyone in her contacts. long story short, they were picking y/n up at 10:30 on saturday.

how exciting.

ERKJDHFJKS it's been a while since i updated.