stars, they dance

y/n woke up at 8:00 on saturday. she had plenty of time to take a shower, pick her outfit, do her hair, et cetera. by 10:15 she was sitting in her living room. she kept her hands busy by playing around with her phone. not long after, her doorbell rang.

aaand it appeared her mom had beat her to it.

whenever this happened visitors would get invited in, offered snacks and tea, and interrogated before they were allowed to take y/n anywhere.

"please, come on in."

of course. the group of fairly tall guys entered her house, unable to say no to ms. l/n. aware that she would be asked to do this anyway, y/n grabbed a tray of biscuits and started boiling water for tea.

when she entered the living room with the biscuits, she found her mom to be having a fairly nice conversation with the boys.

"good morning," y/n smiled, sitting down next to her mother. the couches were facing each other over a coffee table. the environment made this conversation feel like a meeting for receiving blessing for a marriage.

"y/n, you never told me you had such nice friends!" your mom exclaimed, clasping her hands together.

"i recently became the manager of the boys' volleyball team, sorry i didn't inform you sooner." y/n sat with her hands in her lap and her legs crossed at the shins.

"yes, yes, oikawa-kun was telling me all about it. so that's why you always came home late. i was worried you were doing something indecent." the h/c haired girl's eyes widened at the statement. to her relief, the boys didn't seem to react at all.

"mother," she hissed involuntarily. clearing her throat, y/n stood up and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "regardless, i believe we should be going now. as pleasant as idle chatter is, i wouldn't want to ruin everyone else's experience."

y/n's mom nodded, her sharp eyes stayed on her daughter as she exited the house.

"i'm so sorry!" y/n exclaimed as soon as they were outside, doing a perfect 90° bow. "i should've told you about her...resolve. i suppose that's what you could call it."

"worry not, l/n-chann!" oikawa patted her back, unintentionally forcefully. "we've still got all day!"

y/n smiled, a light chuckle graced her lips. "you're amusing, oikawa-san."

"oh! how about we try that ride?" matsukawa asked, pointing to a particularly large rollercoaster. hanamaki nodded, his arms linked with the middle blocker's.

y/n's eyes sparkled as she gazed up at it, but she didn't say anything in fear that oikawa and iwaizumi wouldn't want to. this didn't go unnoticed by the others.

the captain cleared his throat, placing his hand over his heart. "today i, oikawa tooru, will attempt to ride the..." he squinted his eyes at the sign saying the name of the rollercoaster, "the demorilic plurge...or whatever."

"the demonic plunge," y/n whispered to him.

"the demonic plunge!" he announced. (i totally didn't use a theme park ride generator for this. my creativity and originality: out of this world.)

"oi, shittykawa, keep it down," iwaizumi huffed, his arms crossed.

the line was surprisingly small, probably since it was broadcasted to rain that day. they were seated in rows of 3. hanamaki and matsukawa sat behind oikawa, iwaizumi and y/n, who were in the front row.

oikawa gulped as the ride started, chugging slowly upwards to the drop. his hands desperately clung to the restraints. "y'know, i'm starting to think this wasn't a great ide—AAAAAAH!"

while the setter was having his little fit, iwaizumi and y/n were enjoying the rollercoaster, y/n even going as far as to put her hands in the hair. she giggled lightly as the second drop happened. oikawa was still screaming at the top of his lungs.

"ahh, that was so much fun." the e/c eyed girl stretched her arms as she got off the ride. "i haven't been on a rollercoaster in ages."

on the other hand, a pale faced oikawa looked like he was seconds away from vomiting.

"oh, a haunted house," y/n noted as they continued to walk around the theme park. the boisterous brunette had since excused himself, presumably to go to the washroom or buy medicine.

"do you want to go?" iwaizumi asked. hanamaki and matsukawa were engaged in their own conversation, y/n had heard some strange phrases coming from it and since decided she did not want to take part.

"sure," she hummed, running a hand through her hair. "let me just text oikawa-san to tell him we're there." the ace nodded as she did just that.

i wanted to add more, but i figured it's been a while since i updated 😩seeyou :)