lighting up the world

"hello. i'm l/n y/n, i'll be serving as your manager from here on fourth. please take care of me." y/n bowed. she was currently being formally introduced to seijoh's volleyball team as their manager. unbeknownst to her, both matsukawa and hanamaki were silently giggling and elbowing a very shocked and flushed iwaizumi.

oikawa slung his arm around y/n's shoulder, causing her to cringe. "this is my girlfri—"

"i am most definitely not your girlfriend, oikawa-san," y/n cut him off, removing his arm from her figure.

"but—"

"no," she sighed. "regardless," she smiled as her eyes met iwaizumi's, "i hope i can be of help."

"okay, great. now you're introduced, back to practice," oikawa stated, clapping his hands. he turned to y/n as the club started to warm up and, in a hushed whisper, he added, "what happened to being my fake girlfriend?"

"my apologies, oikawa-san. i never agreed to that," she replied in an equally hushed voice, presumably to mock the boy she was talking to. raising her volume to a normal amount, she smiled, "have a good practice, oikawa-san."

"but—"

"have a good practice, oikawa-san." chills ran down the brunette's spine as he gave y/n a thumbs up and ran off to do his warmup. "dear lord, he really is a handful."

sitting down on a bench, the h/c haired girl began to record statistics for the club's plays. incidentally, this also attracted attention from some of the spectators who were watching the boys play.

at some point, a forceful spike from iwaizumi bounced off the hard wooden floor of the gym and headed straight for y/n. in a display of lightning quick reflexes, she quickly deflected the ball.

"i'm fine. please continue practicing," she said, tossing the ball back.

"man, oikawa, i didn't realize you were able to find a competent manager?" hanamaki snickered, matsukawa joined in.

"hey! i'm so able to find a competent manager," oikawa retorted.

"the amount of incompetent girlfriends you brought says otherwise."

"stop throwing shade at mera-chan!" the brunette whined, "she was a very nice girl!"

y/n giggled, "you guys sure are a lively bunch, get back to work and i might treat you to food later on." she winked, getting up from the bench. "on another note, i'll be back after filling up your water bottles. make sure to stay hydrated!"

"l/n-channnn, do you wanna walk home with us?" the h/c haired girl turned around to find a portion of the volleyball team coming out of the changerooms.

"sure, oikawa-san. i'd also like to discuss practice matches with other schools." she zipped up her school bag, slinging it on her shoulder, "i just finished talking to coach about them, i have a few connections at other schools so i may be able to arrange one with your permission. with some research i'll also be able to discern which schools are more competent at volleyball and which aren't..."

oikawa stood there for a moment, stunned, before scratching the back of his neck. "y'know i asked you to be manager on a whim, i didn't realize you'd actually be helpful."

"i—" y/n sighed, "regardless, it's getting late."

"yeah, let's go guys," oikawa called to the rest of the volleyball team.

update schedule hard omg but neway this is a little shorter than normal hhrrhdjdhdjdjd i'll try to get back on my schedule though. i've been playing genshin impact a little too much🥲