that glows in the sky

after that ordeal with oikawa and his fangirls, y/n got the feeling that she was bumping into the volleyball club's third years a lot more often than she should've. the first instance happened when she was delivering papers to a class in the third year hallway.

she wasn't able to see where she was going very well, so tripping over someone's foot wasn't a surprising incident. she wasn't upset when she realized it was oikawa either. what really irked her was that she tripped in front of iwaizumi.

"l/n-chan! i'm so sorry! are you okay?" oikawa helped her up off the ground, wearing his signature smile which he seemed to sparkle in.

"thank you, oikawa-san." she bowed slightly, "i'm alright." y/n gazed down at the papers, "i'll deal with it. see you." oikawa blinked and just started to walk away.

"oi, shittykawa." y/n heard iwaizumi bellow, her head turned towards the sound to see him scolding oikawa. "you really do have a shitty personality, go help l/n-san cleanup. that was your fault."

"but..iwa-chan," oikawa whined. he shut up after seeing iwaizumi's expression. "fine," he huffed, bending down to pick up papers half heartedly. iwaizumi also helped.

"thank you, iwaizumi-senpai," y/n said, organizing the papers and ignoring oikawa completely. after sharing very quick pleasantries, the three went their separate ways.

the second instance happened after school. y/n was enjoying her daily afternoon bicycle ride around her neighborhood, when she nearly ran into another seijoh student. stopping her bike abruptly, she launched herself over the handlebars. what could've ended disastrously, actually ended in y/n caught in iwaizumi's arms.

once again, it irked her that she made a fool of herself in front of this man.

"i'm so sorry, iwaizumi-senpai." y/n did a perfect 90° bow as she was let down.

"don't mind that, are you okay? are you hurt anywhere?" the look of genuine concern on his face made the h/c haired girl go slightly red. she blinked furiously.

"i'm fine, thank you for the concern." y/n went to pick up her bike, "my apologies for the hassle, if you're free right now i'd like to treat you to something. maybe coffee or tea." the only thing going through her mind after she said that was 'stupid y/n, now he'll know you're into him.'

"i'd like that," iwaizumi replied, to y/n's surprise. her heart beat fastened and the pink tint on her face darkened slightly. so this is how all the people who had confessed to her had felt.

the two took a short walk around the area, making pleasant conversation, and eventually settling for a food stand selling takoyaki.

"here you go, iwaizumi-senpai!" y/n smiled, handing him a plate of takoyaki. they both sat down on a nearby park bench that y/n had rested her bike against.

a quiet yet comfortable silence followed. the pair eventually did part though.

the next day at school these incidents got more frequent. y/n would see the volleyball club's third years nearly 2-3 times a day, and this continued for a week, until she got approached by oikawa.

"l/n-chan, my fangirls are at it again," the setter whined.

"i'll see what i can do," y/n sighed, setting the book she was reading aside.

"actually..." oikawa pressed his hands together in front of his face, "can you maybe become our manager?"

"the volleyball team's manager, huh?" y/n mused, oikawa nodded his head. "sure."

"wait, what?"

"i've been asked to join a club by watanabe-sensei anyway, this is a good opportunity." and i'll be able to see iwaizumi-senpai everyday she added in her head.

"i'll get the form, l/n-chan! wait here." oikawa ran off.

"wait...what does a manager even do?" y/n muttered to herself.

kjhdkjhsad the manager idea is so overused i'm sorry guys😿😿i'll try to make it less cliche but i ✨still haven't planned out the chapters✨
on another note, i sent out an announcement, but if you didnt see, i'm planning a suna x reader fic and i was wondering what you thought of author!suna x barista (or librarian)!reader? rhkjdhskjaf i dunno it's not final but jhsakjdh it'll be more slice of life too bc i've wanted to write something like that for a while😽😽NEWAY seeyou! bye <3