Mother

While they were partying all night at the mansion. I wish I could say anything bright to Nightmare's gang at the castle.

The entire gang was at lost... the day they lost Nightmare. The day they lost a big piece of their soul with it. Everyone thought of them as murderers, ruthless beings, not a single empathy in them, psychopaths that kill monsters and humans for fun. But they were wrong, oh..so wrong.

The truth is that all of them were misunderstood, mistreated, and were forced to do things that they didn't expect to come and it wasn't their fault they had to live the life and role they were put in their aus. It wasn't Killer's fault that the player kept resetting for genocide over and over forcing him to team up with Chara to stop the player but the result was to have every monster die by his and Chara's hands. It was Dust's fault that his timeline was reset into an endless resulting forcing him into insanity and kill every monster before Chara/Frisk step outside the ruins and forever stuck in a loop. It wasn't Horror's fault that the CORE of his Au suddenly shot down resulting in the coming months of the harsh famine forcing him to even eat humans along with his brother and monsters in Snowdin. It wasn't Cross's fault that his world got corrupted resulting him and Chara being the only ones that survived and left in an empty white room forcing him to steal code from other AUs in hopes to revive what he lost. It wasn't Error's fault that he was removed from his home by Fate resulting in him losing everything he ever is, forcing him to be the god of destruction. All of them were placed in the worst places... yet others judge them by their looks and status. Never given the chance to explain their backstory.

All of them had every right to end their life.. to end the pain.. to be free. But everything changed when Nightmare came into their lives. He offered them an exit. Of course, the price is that they must work for him and do as he say but none of them complain about it. He freed Dust from his madness and helped him cope with the hallucinations of his phantom Papyrus. He helped Killer regain his emotions that he once lost thinking that he may never feel again. He offered Horror food and let him bring leftovers or even fresh food to his Au to give to his brother and people in Snowdin. He helped Cross by taking him away from the whited room, away from the haunting of Gaster, he helped Chara express his anger towards Gaster through the conversations they talk. He helped Error to leave his torturous anti void and assist him in the balance.

Nightmare did everything for them... he did something that none of the other sanses including the star shiiiiiiiiaaaa I mean star sans had the guts to do. They all have multiple reasons why they continued their loyalty to the prince, but they all shared one strong reason. Is that he saved them.

And despite Nightmare telling to call him either 'Boss' or 'Sir' at the beginning. One day when they returned from their mission without Error. Killer was badly hurt so Nightmare had to heal him first, healing any injury that seems too serious before dealing the small ones. After taking care all of his wounds, Killer thought of something but was too late to stop the words coming from his mouth "Thanks, Mom."

Everyone went silent by his words, Cross had the 'oh shiz' look, Horror was the 'boi' look and Dust was 'welp he ded' look. Nightmare's expression was blank, Killer closed his eyes waiting for a smack or something but what came next was unexpected. What they expect was a little smack or a glare but what Nightmare did was gently rubbing Killer's head in an affectionate way and the skeleton slowly leaned to his touch. It was the beginning shift of their views of their boss.

After Killer, next was Horror when he was scavaging food from the fridge for his unbearable non-existent stomach at midnight then Nightmare came out of nowhere and already knew why he was looking through the fridge so with no question he told Horror to wait at the dining room for a while. Later on, Nightmare came back holding two plates containing a slice of pie each. He explained its 'Apple Pie' and when Horror took a bite, it was by far very delicious. When Nightmare asked how is it and this is what Horror answered. "It's delicious Mom!"