2

A/N: The video attached is the melody for her song. Okay enjoy

We were about ¾ through our journey, when I started up a conversation about plants. I was always fascinated by the different types of flowers and what healing they could do, even as a little girl. I was talking about how my favourite flower was a black rose, when I noticed that Fred had fallen asleep. I couldn't help but frown as I looked at George, about to ask him what his favourite flower was, when he sighed. "Don't mind him, he never sleeps the night before we go to Hogwarts. The first three years were fine, slept like a baby, but after what happened to Ron in his first year, well he's never been the same" George explained with a sigh. "if it's alright with you I'm gonna go find Lee and them before we get the carriages. Meet me on the platform and we can ride together?" I nodded with a subtle smile. "that's fine gives me time to do some... reading, yes reading" I said hesitating at the end. I almost told someone that I write songs, not that it's a bad thing, but the fear of someone asking me to play one was too much. "alright" George chuckled as he left, quietly closing the door behind him, making sure not to wake Fred.

I quickly opened my guitar case that I kept on the storage racks above me and took out my songbook, pencil and guitar. My songbook was quite plain, a beige fabric cover with the word 'write' in white calligraphy. I loved my songbook, mum gave it to me once I displayed my love for writing songs. She was the only one I would ever let hear me play. I started strumming to a melody I wrote down earlier and hummed along quietly. Suddenly like in a flash, a few song lyrics came to mind. "it's been a long year, oh such a long year, without you" "you made me feel strong, but now I feel week, I miss you" "I never thought that, that I would lose you, I love you" I sang as I played, the words that came straight from my heart struck a chord and tears started to form in my eyes. Right as they fell from my eyes, I heard a croaky voice speak softly. "That was beautiful, was it wrote for anyone special?" I looked up quickly swiping the tears from my face and spoke, my voice cracking in between words. "Er yea, I wrote it for my mum, I'd had the melody for a while but the words just came to me just now". "Well you have an amazing voice, you're really talented" he grinned as he sat up. 

"W wait, did you hear me play?" I questioned getting nervous. I've only ever sung in front of my mum, and even then she had to turn away from me. "Yeah, is that a bad thing?" he questioned as he proceeded to rub the back of his neck showing of his abs and biceps once more. "I... it's just that I have really bad stage fright and I've only ever sung in front of my mum and oh god" I started to panic. "Hey, calm down, it's okay" Fred shushed me as he knelt down in front of me, trying to calm me down. "Look we're all afraid of something, and it's okay. I absolutely love you voice and I'm sure everyone else will." He said with a reassuring smile. "W Would you mind if I asked you not to tell anyone about this, it's just that if you did and they asked me to play I would-" I stammered, but was interrupted by Fred's soothing voice. "Of course I won't tell anyone until you're ready, although I really think you should peruse this, you're a natural". Just as I was about to speak he gave the the warmest hug I've had in a while. He smelt amazing, like honey and a new deck of playing card, with a hint of mustiness from his cologne. "Oh your shivering, are you cold or scared? Either way here wear this, it might help. He took his jacket that he draped over himself as he slept, and draped it around my shoulders. I smiled graciously and that's when another warm hug surrounded me. "I'm really glad I met you ya know, I can tell we're gonna be really close" he whispered in my ear, and just as I went to whisper my response, I looked out the window and noticed there were a bunch of students outside the window. "Fred! We're here, come on we have to meet George on the platform". I quickly put my guitar and songbook in my case and sprinted out the train, dragging Fred behind me by his hand.

Just as we made it out of the train and onto the platform, the train doors shut and the steam train quickly pulled out the station. "Phew" Fred laughed as we caught our breath. "that was close". With that I quickly realised how cold it was outside and was glad for Fred jacket, slipping my arm through the sleeves and I looked at Fred. "Thanks... for the jacket I mean, it's really nippy out here" I spoke, realising how Scottish I sounded I giggled. Fred let out a chuckle and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. We had to walk a bit to the last carriage as it started to make it way without us, suddenly stopping as we shortened the gap between us and it. Fred lifted me in and swiftly slid on. "I could've gotten up myself" I argued, a bit of my feisty side coming out. "I know" Fred smirked as he lifted his arm over my head, resting it on my shoulder, and pulling me to cuddle in to him. I laughed and wrapped by arm around his waist. I smiled at how he was keeping me nicely warm.

As we pulled up to the school I noticed a large man waiting outside for us. "There you are, I've been looking all over, Fred you go on inside and take a seat, the first years are almost done being sorted. As for you miss Deadreigh, I will escort you the Great Hall where you will be sorted into your house. Oh and I'm Hagrid by the way, I am the gamekeeper and the keeper of keys here at Hogwarts. I also teach Care of Magic Creatures" he said as he walked me to two large brown oval doors that were shut. "now just go on in there and walk to the top of the hall, and Professor McGonagall will help you from there. He opened the doors, and I was stunned to see all the students were at four long separate tables, which I can only assume to be a table for each house. As I made my way down the middle to the top of the hall, I felt hundreds pairs of eyes burning into my skull, I glanced my eyes over to my right and saw two familiar faces smiling at me, I smiled back, my nerves calmed a little, as I eventually made it to the top.

"Evalynne Deadreigh" my name was called and immediately sat on the stool in front of me, assuming that's what I had to do and praying I didn't make a fool of myself.