I wake up and immediately the hang over hits me like a truck. I slowly sit up and take in my surroundings. I'm in my room, still in my dress from last night, with a bottle of firewhiskey between my legs. I look at the clock and it says 6am. I let out a loud groan. I decide to have a shower and head to breakfast as early as I could. The need for coffee was unreal.

I take my time in the shower, inhaling the steam and soaking it all up, but once the water eventually ran cold I knew I had to get out and face the day. I did some makeup and straightened my hair, got into my uniform, packed my book bag and made my way to the Great Hall.

I made sure to take the long way. I wasn't sure if anyone would be in the hall, but I knew I didn't want to face anyone.

I made it to the hall and no one was there. I decide to grab a quick coffee and visit the spot at the lake that I found last night.

When I arrived at the lake it was beyond peaceful. My radio from last night was still there, so I pressed play, lay on the grass and tried to calm myself. My mums favourite song came on once again and I heard someone approaching me. I didn't take any note to it, thinking it was just someone taking a stroll near the lake. But when they sat beside me a new wave of anger washed over me. Fred fucking Weasley. I don't say anything. I just get up and leave. But the git grabs my arm. I yank my arm out his grasp and run towards the hall needing more coffee.

When I get to the hall I see my friends sitting together. I huff over and angrily sit myself down in between Adrian and Pansy. "woah what's got your knickers in a twist this early in the morning?" Blaise jokes, but I'm unable to find anything funny. "Coffee, then I'll talk" he hands me a decent sized mug filled with the caffeinating coffee. "Fred fucking Weasley" is all I can say, my hands are shaking and I have to sip my coffee to prevent it from spilling.

"What'd he do?" Theo asked. "the fucking git betrayed me and is just a git ugh!" I left out a small breath of air before I speak again. "what do we have first?" "muggle studies" Pansy is my life saver I swear. "right, okay, I can skip that. I'm in desperate need of a run and a smoke" I sip more of my coffee, every drop seeming to slowly calm me down.  "I'll join you" I don't bother to check who spoke, I just nod "I'll be at the lake in 15 if you're not there I'm running without you" I get up and leave to get changed.

Draco's POV:

"does she even know it's you who's joining her mate?" Blaise asks "I don't know and to be honest I don't care, I just need a smoke and to work out" I get up taking a slice of toast from Adrian's plate and head to my dorm.

Evalynne's POV:

I got changed into my running shorts and a running bra. I topped up my flask with firewhiskey and strapped it and a pack of cigarettes to my thigh. I made my way to the lake, and notice Draco's standing there, in running clothes. This day could not get any worse and it's only just begun. "Don't tell me you were the one who requested to join me" I snap "Sadly I was; I just need to let off some steam, figured two is better than one." I decide not to answer, but instead unstrap my flask and cigarettes. I take a swig of the flavour-filled firewhiskey, then like a cigarette. I notice Draco looking at me, and hold my flask and he takes a swig. I take a puff of my cigarette and offer it to him, we go about taking puffs of the cigarette. Once the it is only the bud left he discards of it in the black lake. With one last swig of the firewhiskey each I strap the flask back on my thigh and we start the jog. We run round the black lake, every so often racing, him normally winning with me very close behind, which is surprising considering his legs are longer than mine. Once we reach where we began we stop and take a breather. "its 10, we should probably shower and get ready for..." I think for a moment forgetting what we have next. "Potions" he states and I nod. "Race you to the common room!" I yell already meters away from him. He lets out a laugh and starts his sprint. I somehow manage to beat him, even with my head start he was inches off me.

I collapse on the floor of the common room; he swiftly follows suit. We lay in a pile on the floor, limb intertwined. I look up at him to see he's already looking at me, I don't really know who leaned in first but the next moment his lips were on mine. After a few minutes I pull back, immediately feeling the coldness where his lips once were. "I need to have a shower before class, wanna meet here in half an hour and we can walk together?" he nods, pecks a sweet kiss on my lips and helps me stand up. I go to walk away and he slaps my ass as I strut to my room.

I take a quick shower and make sure I have enough time to spend on my hair and makeup, attempting to look nicer than I normally do, making sure to wear my slightly tighter shirt and shorter skirt, leaving my robes untied. I grab my bag and make my way to meet Draco in the common room.

When I get to the bottom of the stairs I see him leaning against the wall staring into the fire. I walk over and place a kiss on his cheek. He grabs my hand and leads me to the potions classroom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we get to the potions classroom we're five minutes late. Draco goes in first, still holding my hand, and drags me to an empty desk, which just so happens to be the desk in front of Fred's. I remember him telling me on the train that he's failed potions twice, so he'll be in potions with me. Snape continues talking about our lesson. I find professor Snape profusely boring so I zoned out, thinking of my mum and all the fun potions lessons we used to have. "what's on your mind?" Draco whispers into my ear and then kisses my neck softly. "my mum, and how fun our potions lessons used to be." I sigh. "you never told me why you transferred" he whispers in my ear, kissing my neck once again. "you never asked" is all I managed to get out. I hear a snort from behind, and just out of spite I turn my head a connect my lips with Draco's soft ones.

"Mr Malfoy, Miss Deadreigh, is my teaching disturbing your disturbing display of personal affection?" he sneers. "Er no Professor, sorry, won't happen again." I sigh. I hear a scoff from behind me, and try my hardest to pay attention to Snape, ignoring the burning feeling in the back of my skull from what I can only assume is Fred's glares.

The rest of the day drags by, I find myself asking to the lavatory in every class, just so I can have a smoke, or a drink. By the time dinner rolls around I decide to skip dinner and sit in my usual spot by the lake to drink away my sorrows.