13

A/N: hello everyone. I'm back! I finally got some inspiration to write again. I just wanted to clear up that after Evalynnes episode with Fred she still spends time with him and the rest of the Gryffindor's and they make memories until she gets picked from the goblet of fire despite her being mad at Fred. This is important for the next chapter especially. Also Evalynnes outfit is the picture above but with a black shirt. Anyways Enjoy! :)) – Sammy Jo x

Draco's POV:

We watched a movie called 'footloose'. Evalynne said it was her favourite and now I can see why. It's what muggles call a 'musical' because they sing and dance. Watching Evalynne sing along to each number put a warm feeling in my heart, knowing after all the pain and sadness she was feeling, that she was at least a little happier, and the fact that I was the one to cause that caused a smile to reside on my face.

The film was great, it's definitely my favourite on by far. I went to thank Evalynne for introducing me to it, but when I faced her she was asleep and snuggled into my side. Seeing her finding comfort in me made my heart warm just that little bit more. I grabbed the square box she called a remote and pushed a big red button hoping it would turn off, and it did. I grabbed my wand and turned out the light, then cuddled into her and drifted into a peaceful sleep which was rare for me.

Evalynne's POV:

I woke up to the scent of his cologne, the masculine scent was somehow comforting. I opened my eyes and noticed Draco was still asleep. I slipped slowly out of bed as to not wake him. I glanced at the clock and it displayed that it was 5am. The sun was slowly rising, so I had plenty of time before I had to wake Draco and get ready for the day.

I crept over to my keyboard that Dumbledore kindly let me have in my room and started playing one of the songs my brother wrote. It's called someone you loved and he wrote it about mum after she died.

As I played I felt connected to my mum somehow, it felt like she was still with me listening. I missed Lewis immensely but due to his tours in the muggle world he couldn't look after me. I felt so guilty not telling my friends about him, but I didn't want to think about him moving on from Mums death while I was still stuck in a dark hole with only a little bit of light that I call my friends.

"But now the day bleeds,

Into nightfall,

And you're not here,

To get me through it all,

I let my guard down,

And you pulled the rug,

I was getting kind of used to being someone you loved

I let my guard down,

And you pulled the rug,

I was getting kind of used to being someone you loved"

I was too engrossed in the song to notice that I was crying, and that Draco had woken up.

"Evalynne, I'm sorry I woke up and you were playing so beautifully, then you started crying and I didn't want to interrupt I know you hate when people listen to you I'm so mad at myself" he rambled on apologising, before I would have freaked out and pushed him away, but now I really didn't mind.

"Draco it's fine, I honestly don't mind that you heard me. I think since our names were pulled out that goblet I realised life's too short for silly things like stage-fright."

"I'm glad because you are beyond talented. If you don't mind me asking, did you write that song?" as soon as he asked that question I decided I was done hiding my brother, if I died in this tournament no one would know about him to tell him, and he wouldn't know until I didn't come off the train at the end of the year that something was even wrong.

"actually no, well I wrote a little bit, but it was actually my brother who wrote it. When mum died we wrote the song about her, I always was jealous at how Lewis moved on from my mum's death, whereas I'm still stuck missing her every day. He started his music career and got very famous in the muggle world, and he kind of left me behind, him being 24 means he can do things on his own, so he owled Dumbledore and that's how I ended up here. He goes by the name Lewis Capaldi now so that no wizards suspect him. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about him, I was just so mad."

I wiped the tears from my eyes and got up from the keyboard. I walked over to the bed and sat beside Draco, I was scared he was going to be mad for not telling him about Lewis. "Evy it's fine, I understand honestly well not really but I understand why you didn't tell me. how bout we get ready for the day and I meet you in here in half an hour, and we make a grand entrance at breakfast considering it starts in 10 minutes." My eyes widened at the time. "Wait but when I woke up it was 5 how can breakfast start in 10 minutes if I only played one song?" it was then that Draco explained I had replayed the song for two hours. I was shocked but that's what happens when your mind blanks.

I nodded and he got up and left, but not before placing a sweet kiss on my cheek.

I went to the bathroom and had a quick shower. I cast a spell to dry and curl my long brown. I then did some light makeup, but adding a black wing and bright red lipstick. I got dressed into a tight black skirt with black tights that went halfway up my thigh and garters at the top, a black shirt which the top two buttons were left open, my black booted heels and my Slytherin robes. I packed my bag with things for my classes that day just as Draco came in. "you all ready?" he asked with a cheeky grin on his face. "let me just put some accessories on and then I will". I put on some rings, the charm bracelet my mum got be before I died, my locket that has a picture of Lewis and I and a Slytherin headband that Draco got me. "ready" I announced and we made our way down hand in hand.

we walked into the great hall and everyone stopped to look at the Hogwarts champions, but there was no expression of pride or happiness on anyone's faces, only shock or disgust, except our friend group who all had smiles. I glanced over at the Gryffindor table and noticed my group of friends looking shocked and disgusted all at the same time, except Fred who, if looks could kill, would've just glared me to death. We got to the Slytherin table and sat down between our friends.

"eek you look stunning Ev I love the new look. You look so badass" pansy almost yelled as we sat down. Draco and I sat beside each other with Blaise on the other side of me, with Theo, Pansy and Adrian on the other side in that order. "Yea Evy you look... wow" I chuckled. "thanks guys really. Okay so I had a little talk with Draco and since there is no way Draco and I can back out of the tournament and I could possible die in it, I've decided to come clean about my family and my music." And so that morning at breakfast while we all ate I told them everything. They were my best friends and stuck by me and for that they deserved to know. They all supported me immensely and I was so greatful for that. "okay so everyone meet me here after classes, Dumbledore told me the hall is vacant from then until dinner so I can use it to practise and I want to show you guys my music, I want to be proud of it." they all agreed and left for our classes. I had a free period so I decided to stay in the hall and try and write a song.