4

Evalynne's POV:

I woke up, the suns bright rays hitting on my face, and dancing due to the water from the black lake. The dungeons were below the black lake, and in all the windows you could see into the lake, I found it easy to be swept up by all the creatures that lived there. due to the height and position of my dorm, the lake stops half way up my window, so I can see on top and below the surface.

I sit up and check the time: 6am. Breakfast wasn't until 8 so I had plenty of time to make myself look nice before my first day of classes. I went to hop in the shower, but as I walked past my full length mirror I noticed that I wasn't wearing pyjamas, or my uniform, I was wearing grey oversized joggers and an oversized Gryffindor quiddich jersey. I quickly turn around to see who it belonged to, my heart pounding with panic, but slowly beating at a normal pace again when I saw Fred's name written where my shoulder blades lie. I look around my room for my trunk, going to get my uniform for the day, but it's not here. Oh no, I have to leave my room and walk down to professor Snape's office on the first day of classes at 6am. I cuff the joggers and tighten the waistband, trying to make it look better, putting my hair in a messy bun, to give the effect 'I just woke up like this' when I clearly did not.

I'm halfway to Snape's office when I decide to see if Fred and George are awake. I climb the steps and realise I don't know their password either. I slowly walk over to the fat lady, and clear my throat, speaking smoothly I ask "Excuse me, I was wondering if you could let me in to see Fred Weasley, it's my first day and I don't know the password, and I need his help. Please" I finish with a soft smile. She looks at me, then looks away, her face shows an expression that I can only decide as weighing the pros and cons of the situation at hand. After a few minutes she responds. "I really shouldn't be doing this, but since it's your first day and since Fred's such a nice boy, I will, but just this once, you must know the password next time to get in." I let out a sigh of relief and thank her before stepping in the door way.

I suddenly realise I don't actually know which dorm is his. I sit in their lovely warm common room for a second to think. I could walk up and slightly open every door until I find them, but what if a guy's awake and is changing. I decided it would be a better idea to find a girl that Fred introduced me to yesterday; Hermione. I walk up the spiral staircase and go to open the first door, when a feeling of disgust washed over me, what was I doing, that is breaking peoples' privacy and not to mention creepy. I walk back down the steps and decide to wait until Fred wakes up, praying that it was soon. He was the only person I felt that I could bother at 6am about something as silly as uniform. I pick out a book from the bookshelf, sit on one of the armchairs and read until I heard something that made me feel really anxious. Footsteps.

I turn around as I hear someone coming down the steps. Holding my breath and pushing myself as far into the seat as I will go, peering out the side, waiting to see who it is. It was Lee Jordan, he's in Fred's year, and one of his best mates. I pluck up the courage to approach him and with a shy, quite voice I manage to speak. "Excuse me, Lee, I was wondering if you could show me which dorm is Fred's?". He smiles, nods and starts leading me to Fred's room. We stop at a door, quite high up the tower, and he finally speaks. "well this is it, but I have to ask that you don't get up to any funny business, I'm the room next door and when I come back up with my water I don't want to hear anything." We both laugh and he walks away. I softly knock on the door and make my way in.

I see a room almost identical to mine, but with two sets of everything. In one bed was Fred, in the other George, now just to figure out who is who, it's harder now that they're sleeping, it's harder to see their faces. I make a guess and go over to the sleeping boy, I look at his lip and I see a scar. Yes! Its Fred. I gently shake him, and whispered "Fred". He slowly opened one of his eyes, and when he realised I was there he shot up. "Ev what are you doing here? What time is it?" he asks in a deep raspy voice, due to him just have woken up. "Well I woke up early and noticed I had no trunk, and I only have this. I was going to go ask someone about it but didn't know who to ask and where to find them, so I thought I'd ask you" I explain, also mentioning the encounters with the Fat Lady and Lee. He quickly sat up, and gave me a hug. "what was that for?" I asked. "the fact that your mind went straight to me instead of Pansy or Adrian." "I felt more comfortable asking you" I said and I saw him smile. He quickly got changed into his uniform, and I felt something I've never felt before. Butterflies.

He gave me a piggyback down the many stairs and once we got to the common room I hopped off. I looked at the clock to see how much time I had, 6.30 am. Good I had plenty of time. We made our way through various corridors and stopped at an old looking door. he knocked and we waited for a response. The door opened with a sudden pull and I subconsciously grabbed Fred's hand. Filch the janitor was stood in the doorway, looking exhausted. "What" he snapped with a wicked sounding voice. "Evalynne here hasn't got her trunk yet and she needs her uniform for classes, where is it" he said, getting straight to the point. I admired the fact he had enough confidence to do that, I could never. With a grunt filch dragged out my trunk and threw my guitar case on top. "CAREFUL!" I shout, praying it wasn't broken, he handed me Skreech and slammed the door in our faces. 

"Well guess I'm gonna take my stuff to my room. Thanks for helping Freddie" I say not quite prepared to drag my heavy trunk, guitar case and Skreech all the way down to the dungeons and up all those steps. "Ev, you are really stupid sometimes. You really think you're gonna manage all that by yourself, I don't think so, i'll handle this, you just take your guitar, I really hope it's not broken". He nervously rubs the back of his neck at the thought of my guitar being broken. It breaks my heart, just thinking about it being broken. Fred helps me with my stuff, finally making it to my room. He places my trunk and Skreech down, and sits on the sofa I have in my room. "how did you get a sofa?" he asked. "I don't know, probably because I showed up late or something. I'm gonna go for a shower." I say, I was just about to say that I'll meet him in the hall when he spoke. "since I'm all ready to go for the day, is it alright if I wait here and we can go down together?" I couldn't help but smile, he wanted to wait for me. "Of course, make yourself right at home, I'll be quick." I say "oh and don't miss me too much while I'm gone." We both laugh and I hear him mutter something, what exactly I'm not sure.