What a Day...

Philippines POV:

I was sitting in the middle of an ended class, my finger tapping on the side of my desk as if it's a habit of waiting, why am I still here? America left with Slovenia and Japan has to be in a hurry but at least I thanked him.

The room is quiet assuming that I was the only one left but of course, I was wrong "Why are you still here?" A voice next to me spoke flatly but not rudely, I shift to him knowing already who it is Because the nervous feeling of mine spike high but not enough to make me stutter.

"Hey, Singapore." I greeted him, a tiny bit surprised that he talked to me first, He stared at me Until his head turns around to check the Classroom if I'm really alone "Are you waiting for someone?" I shook my head thinking about America, my heart is ranching again "Nah, I'm just Vibing here." I Lied partially, my head tilted towards his direction.

"What about you? why are you still here?" I asked him next "I was helping the teacher to assists her with bringing the Equipment to her office." He spoke smoothly, I cracked a smile "You trying to get that extra credit, huh?" Singapore only chuckled a little as he looks at the teacher's desk "Obviously." he uttered.

Singapore might be a stern person but it doesn't mean he's not the type a person who just downgrades anyone for no reason and not be a little playful, I'm still nervous around him because it's been a long time since we talked.

I stood up from my seat "Wanna walk with me?" "I live at a different building than you." "I figured, just at the gate and we can just split ways?" I never like asking for people to join me for a walk because I don't desire to be a bother to them but I truly want to catch up with Singapore.

"Than sure." He gestures towards the door, I tinge a smile as we went out but not forgetting to lock the doors with the keys Singapore have, The halls are still riddled with students who are talking or just enjoying their small-time "By the way, how are you? It's been a long time since we talked." I questioned him curiously, "Nothing much, Just helping Asean with diversity problems." He replied simply.

"Is it because of the new law?" He scoffed nodding a little "The red rankers are mostly accepting towards this law but the Blue rankers...not so much." The Singaporean sighs, gripping the strap of his gray satchel tightly.
"Is it wrong if I say I kinda don't like this law?" Singapore hesitantly looked at me, his stern and intimidating aura disappeared in a poof.

I thought about it for a moment, Singapore really is a person who is stern when it comes to positions and stuff like this, If I were the same person back then I would've hated this law because what's the point of being a blue ranker when everything you do will be wasted when everyone turns into equals?

"You know I'm a green ranker, right?" Singapore was visibly surprised and guilty not expecting that answer from me, I mean, I will be astounded if I'm him I used to be so adamant when it comes to rankings, I was obsessed with wanting to be a Blue ranker back than to the point I brag about it.

But now I cringe when I thought of it, I was selfish about what I have and I'm fixing myself to being more accepting towards people and myself, just like Dmitri said to me back then.
"there's nothing wrong with wanting to be different...the only problem was, is how to be different without changing yourself to the point you don't recognize who you are?"

I should've known that back then but I didn't, I think I deserve what happened to me in the past because if it didn't occur to me...I would've been the same selfish person now "I mean...you understand what I'm saying right?" I nodded towards Singapore's uncertain words.

"Yeah, I understand completely, you worked hard to get here but that position instantly means nothing when it comes to this law." I flowed out as if I had it in my head for a long time "Do you still want to be a blue ranker?" that Questions saddened me slightly something that stabbed my chest with guilt, I would've been ecstatic if someone asked me that question and go on and on about how great it is to be part of that status but now...it just felt tedious to me, not the rank but just knowing how I used to be obsessed towards that goal.