|C.3|

✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼

✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼

3.
       A tingle went up Blake's spin as the chilling realization that maybe they weren't lying hit her. All she could see was truth in their horror-filled eyes. There was no snake curl of a lip, just a blank face of truth.

They were in a Maze too...

"Maybe you should sit down," Thomas said. "I think we have a lot to talk about."

"What do you mean?" Aris asked. "Who are you guys? Where'd you come from?"

Thomas let out a slight laugh. "The Maze. The Grievers. WICKED. You name it."

"You're lying," Aris accused in a low whisper. Blake knew the situation was beyond crazy, even for her it was hard to wrap her head around the fact that they weren't the only people in a maze. Toby carried the same stunned expression of uncertainty, the same growing pale face.

"No, we're not," Newt responded. "Tommy's right. We need to talk. Sounds like we've come from similar places."

"Get anything on the two bozos?"

Blake's turned to see Minho, a pack of Gladers standing behind him on the other side of the doorway. Their faces were scrunched up in a weird disgusted look. Their eyes full of a new type of terror, a terror Blake didn't know what was caused by.

Minho's eyes flickered to Blake, glinting hard and dark as he stared at her. All the less, he smirked slyly. "Glad to see you ain't dead."

Blake's eyes rolled. "Yeah, what a morning."

He nodded. "Well, is anyone gonna answers my question?" Minho tilted his head towards Toby and Aris.

"Oh, uh. Minho, meet Aris and Toby," Thomas said, taking a step to the side and gesturing toward the two boys. "Aris. Toby. Meet Minho."

Minho stuttered out mumbles of words she couldn't quite catch. Probably a smart comment of some sort, or maybe it was his way to piece the puzzle of where to begin. In all honesty, Blake didn't know either. There were so many questions.

"Look," Newt said. "Let's take down these top beds and move them around the room. Then we can all sit and figure out what's bloody going on."

Thomas shook his head. "No. First, we need to go find Teresa. She must be in some other room."

"Isn't one," Minho said.

"What do you mean?"

"I just checked this whole place out. There's the big common area, this room, our dorm room, and some seriously shucked doors that lead outside―where we came in from the bus yesterday. Locked and chained from the inside. Doesn't make any sense, but I don't see any other doors or exits."