Night of the Sentinel

You were leaning against the wall watching some of the students play around with their powers in the courtyard. Your hands were in your pockets and you were whistling a happy tune while your old hat protected your face from the stupid sun.

You happened to look over and saw that Rogue was walking towards you to which you smiled to. You began to whistle the Jaws theme which made her roll her eyes but she still smiled.

Y/N: Rogue. To what do I owe the pleasure of talking to the prettiest girl in the mansion?

Rogue: Do ya say that to all the pretty girls?

Y/N: Only when I mean it or when it's Friday. And wouldn't you know it, it's Friday.

Rogue playfully punched your shoulder. You chuckled and turned back to watching everyone.

Rogue: What's on your mind, sugah?

Y/N: It's just weird seeing this many mutants just hanging around. Your guy's world really is a bit more peaceful.

Rogue: Unfortunately it's not always like this. There's still hate out there. Especially after this morning's attack.

You raised a brow. Rogue pulled out her phone and pulled up the coverage of the attack that had happened over in Montana.

Reporter: Today, the downtown area was rocked today by yet another violent attack. The fact that the one responsible is a mutant has only added fuel to the anti-mutant hysteria that has been present across the nation.

You watched the footage of a large hairy man attacking several police cars in the downtown area of whatever city he was in.

Y/N: Damn.

Rogue: Plus, Magneto's Brotherhood hasn't been helping the case either.

Y/N: I'm sorry. I wish we could do more to help.

Rogue: Well, you're back to being able to run missions and that's honestly all we can ask for.

You smiled before you noticed her appearance was much more relaxed. She wasn't dressed like she was going on a mission.

Y/N: You look cozy.

Rogue: Well, some of us were going to head to the mall. That's actually why I'm here. I was going to invite you.

The mall? Well, it was better than watching the students.

Y/N: Sure. I'll get ready right away.

X-Men
--------

Meanwhile, within the suburbs, two adults watched the news. A mother and father. The man suddenly stood up and turned the TV off.

Man: She's one of them, Martha. She needs help.

His wife shook her head and looked up at her husband.

Martha: But how could you resigster her to that Mutant Control Agency as if she was some sort of criminal?

Harold: The Agency isn't a prison, Martha. It's an outreach program to help those unfortunate people.

Martha just shook her head and silently thought to herself.

Harold: You know I love her as if she was my own blood daughter.

Martha: I know but, what will happen to her now?

Harold: I don't know.

He went over and hugged his wife.

Harold: Let's just hope that the neighbors don't find out that our beautiful Jubilee is a mutant. They'll never understand.