Our Friendships

You came to a harsh realization in the days that followed your return to the mansion after your trip to Japan.

You and your friends weren't as close as before anymore.

Hank and Bobby were spending more time together but Warren has been keeping to himself for the vast majority of time since he got here. You hardly saw him anymore unless it was for training. He was always flying around or in town hanging out with some people he met.

Scott fell into training with Rogue in leadership. He was constantly in the Danger Room training and you could tell it was starting to catch up with him. Even Rogue told him to give it a break but, Scott being Scott, he refused.

Like mention before, Hank and Bobby were spending a lot more time together. They had created a little brother big brother kind of bond like you and Remy did. They were keeping close to the mansion, though, but also seemed to avoid the Professor. No clue why.

Emma was so caught up in teaching that she was normally in a classroom or helping students. She even helped Storm with some of her classes as a teaching aid. She would talk to you when she could and you even spoke to her telepathically at night when Scott was asleep.

Then there was Jean. She's been acting really weird around you. She was normally talking to everyone, until you walked into the room and she suddenly became the most quiet girl in the entire school. The side glances she gave you didn't help either.

That was your X-Men. Now for the other X-Men.....

Rogue was constantly on you to train.

Kitty was always trying to talk to you about things you honestly couldn't care less about.

Kurt was always scaring you.

Remy was cool but he always had his comments regarding you and anyone who you showed interest in.

And Laura and you still haven't had a good time to talk about what happened.

So, in conclusion, you were losing your mind.

Let's see how this plays out.

X-Men
---------------

You scratched your head and let out a loud yawn as you walked towards the boy's showers. Your hat was in your room so your messy H/C hair was on full display. You looked up and spotted Warren walking out with a towel around his waist. He happened to look over to where you were.

You gave a wave and a half hearted smile.

He gave you a nod with a smile and headed the opposite way.

So he didn't hate you, at least.

You sighed and walked into the bathroom.

As you took a shower, you allowed yourself to think about the last few days. Weeks. Months. Jesus. You've been through the ringer, haven't you?

You walked back to your room with a towel around your waist and tired eyes. You got less sleep than you would've wanted.

As you walked by, the girls looked at you with interest but for once, you couldn't find it in you to flirt or smile.

You were just tired.

You got to your room and found that Scott was already gone for the day. So much for talking to him.

Might as well get dressed.
--------------
You grabbed some breakfast in the messhall. Nothing too big. Just an apple and some milk. You weren't very hungry. Maybe it was because of the healing factor?