𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1 ~ 𝑨𝒄𝒄𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕

I was on edge

I was on edge. I couldn't keep it in for longer, but was now really the right time? All these confusing questions kept popping up into my head, making me the more stressed.

So I came here. I knew every crook and cranny of this building, where I was sure no curse would walk: where all my worries faded away as if by magic. There I was, on the very edge of the rooftop, contemplating my decisions. What did I do to be here?

The wind blows some of my lose hair strands gently, and as I look down I realize: here, in Tokyo, on this building, I was on top of the world. Nothing could get me!

I suddenly grin from ear to ear: it was time.

I take my leather jacket off and stuff it in my backpack, putting it on my shoulders. The lights below flickered, as if inviting me; I didn't need to be told twice.

I turn my back to the blinding lights and spread my arms out. "So over-dramatic." I could practically hear Jogou saying in my head but ignored it. Soon, it'll be just me and the wind.

If I was a normal human trying to jump down from this height I'd be suicidal; but there's nothing about death that isn't inviting to me. I just... want them to have a chance at life too. Anyways people need me. They needed someone with power like mine who was able to use it responsibly. And there I was.

I take a deep breath and let myself fall backwards. Time seems to slow down and it wasn't even me doing it; I just had to try to make the most of it this time; because I wouldn't be doing it again for a while.

I feel the wind lashing at my hair and realize I'm already falling: I cry tears of joy and let time slow itself down by a little bit, remembering every detail: the smell of the rain, the flashing of the bright lights, the stars glinting... it was all perfect, and it was in slow motion.

My hair falls apart as my hairtie flies to who knows where. It was soaking wet by now; parts of it sticking to my face and some of it flying around. If it wasn't for my hair I would feel like I was diving into the sea.

I speed up time again and watch as I slowly begin to get near the crowd of people. Instantly, I control the air and make it push my from behind, and I zoom left and right through the crowd of people.

"Wheeeee!" I scream. The people would probably just think they saw a ghost or something. Urban legends are quite popular here anyway.

And with one final laugh, I rise and fly back to my house.

~

When I step inside I immediately smell apples and cinnamon. Did I leave the candles on? How is this place not up in flames? I face-palm, making a mental note to write it down in my journal, and slowly extinguish the candles with the tip of my fingers.

Before I could finish, however, I hear a voice I know all too well.

"Well, my idea of an intimate setting just got thrown out the window." Getou says, walking out of my kitchen in all his glory. I cross my arms and smirk at him; his presence made me feel better.