𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 8 ~ 𝑲𝒚𝒐𝒕𝒐 𝑺𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝒑𝒕1

Uhmmm. I don't know how long this chapters gonna be. Butttt that doesnt matter cos theyre finally in the Kyoto Sister School Exchange event!! Thank you for 700 reads btw!!💕💕 heres some songs i thought of when writing this chapter

My ordinary life ~ The living Tomstones (slowed+reverb)
Mmmh - kai

okay thats it.

~~

The next day, me, Mahito and a bald, sneering guy were standing tall on the stray roofs of the school. The silence was a peaceful one, sometimes interrupted by bangs in the distance.

"So...when's the veil going to come up?" I question Mahito. He shrugs, a slight smirk on his lips as he looks into the abyss.
"I don't know. But when it does, we're gonna have a ton of fun."
"Without me, of course." I roll my eyes. Why did I have to stay hidden just because I'm pregnant? This was exactly why I feared telling them.

He ignores me, having listened to me bring the subject up before. I scoff again and turn to look at the scenery; it was the only thing I could do anyway. Unless...

Mahito stands up suddenly. "Okay! It's our time! Get ready Kumiya-"
"I'm going to enjoy this. Especially-" I cut the guy off by flicking his forehead, hard. He grimaces, raising a burly arm to the spot where I flicked him.

"Ow! What the hell was that for?" his face twists into an expression of pure anger and I shrug nonchalantly.
"Let him speak. You'll get your rack soon, promise." I grin whilst looking back at him and he huffs, leaping off the roof.

I look at the sky, where the veil was just finishing up. I sigh.
"I wish I could've seen that go up. It's always so satisying." I stick my bottom lip out but relax my features as I take in Mahito's own. "Why do you look so distant all of a sudden? Don't tell me you're having second thoughts-"

He shakes his head, "No. I don't. Trust me. I just..." he trails off then leaps off the roof as well, startling me.

Well now I have some time to myself. So I'm just gonna wait here. Right? Wrong.

I try to sense Hanami's aura, finding that they weren't in the forest, but near the block of buildings. I focus on that and, in less than a second, appear almost in the same spot as her. I wobble for a bit and realize how high up I am - and that I was inside the veil now.

How I had gotten there? No idea. Must be because of my particle manipulation. It had always seemed like a weak curse technique, as there were barely any particles in the air - then of course there were the unmoving particles in opaque objects. They were a bit harder to control, but once I got the hang of it, nothing seemed impossible. But, I afrain from doing it in battle, sticking to the particles in the atmosphere, although I have to move frequently or I'll be wiped out of oxygen - the same for my victims.

I spot Hanami several meters below and, in front of them, three boys, maybe in their late teens. They're saying something, but to each other, and Hanami stands watching. They're being too polite. I jump off the roof quietly and sneak up behind them.

"Hanami! Do something already!" I whisper yell in their ear. The don't waste anymore time as they zoom over to the boys and knock one of their phones out of their hands. I smile and go back to my spot - Hanami can handle themselves.

I leap off on the other side of the building and start to walk along a path, with a moss-covered stone wall outlining it. For a split second I thought I heard the running of footsteps, but shrugged it off - I was completely alone, or I would've felt the change of particle frequency around me. Like something solid ramming itself through a wall of feathers.