𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 2 ~ 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒂𝒊𝒓

I don't dare move - I couldn't see or hear anything

I don't dare move - I couldn't see or hear anything. My head felt like it was being cut open, so I go to grab it instantly - nothing. My body didn't want to move. I took a deep breath and slowly opened my eyes. Light flooded my sight, making me slightly tear up, so I shut my eyes again quickly.

This time, I start hearing muffled voices. Where am I? I open my eyes again, this time slower. Then it hits me. This is a hospital.

I sit up hurriedly and put a hand on my stomach. I poke it lightly and feel the bump - I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. But even so, something still could've happened, but not bad enough for the baby to be aborted.

I look down at my lap and notice that I have strings attached to my arms and face; not good. My breathing pattern gets shaky and my attempts at calming down are futile. Possibilities after possibilities rush into my head - I fucked up, didn't I? I cause harm everywhere I go anyway, why did I think it would be different this time?

In the corner of my eye I see the door slowly opening and a nurses head peaking through. She looked so shy and I had to stiffle a chuckle; my mood suddenly got better!

"You're awake already? That's great!" She exclaims, walking towards me while straightening some papers in her hands, "You hit your head pretty badly, if you hadn't been wearing a seatbelt it would've been fatal. But overall, your injuries are minimal. Your baby will be okay, too!" She smiles, and I smile back.

When she leaves and I'm finally alone, I lay back down and cross my arms behind my head, making a more comfortable space to rest my head.

"So... a baby, huh?" A voice speaks from a corner of the room. I immediately jolt up and scan the room, my eyes landing on none other than Mahito, who was smiling at me widely. What a creep. "Sorry for scaring you like that, you just looked so relaxed and I didn't want to disturb you."

"Well, you did." I snap, watching him walk over to me slowly. "What are you doing here anyways? And where's Suguru?" The black-haired man suddenly pops into my mind. I raise my eyebrow at Mahito and he just shrugs, a nonchalant smirk still playing on his face.

"I got to you first. Your baby daddy just isn't as responsible as I am." He says slyly, winking at me. I stay exactly where I am, not moving an inch. Mahito gets the message and sighs.

"The rest don't know you're here. They're away doing other things." Mahito scratches the back of his head as if thinking about them is giving him a headache, "But you have me! I'll keep you company at the fair-"

"Hell no. I already have Yuki to keep me company anyways. You'd better not spy on us, though." I wave my finger threatingly, "I'll know you're there. She's keeping me all to herself today anyway."

"That or the other way around?"

"None of your business. When can I leave?"

"I don't know, do I? You'll have to ask the nurse." Mahito says to get back at me, but the logic is there: people can't see him anyways. I nod my head and shift slightly, getting more comfortable.