𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 4 ~ 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒔

~~~

~~~

I make my way into our headquarters, which was in deep in the woods. Dried leaves crunched beneath my feet as I walked slowly to the small opening of trees. This time, everything around me was dark, as light couldn't penetrate through as there were no gaps in between the thick leaves; even if it was Autumn, the forest's dense trees still found a way to cover the floor in a melancholic shadow.

Each step I take makes my chest feel heavier and heavier. I had a bad feeling about it all; I knew they were trying to steal the fingers and keep Sukuna's vessel from eating them, but I didn't think they'd want to involve me in any of their plans when I'm pregnant, not even small ones. So this time, I was gonna be attentive. No more playing around with Jogo's head.

My feet lead me subconsciously and before I know it I'm in front of the three men, all sat in random places. I decide to plop down in the space I'm in now, putting a blanket underneath me before doing so.

I grin at all of them, "So, you're finally letting me go on a mission?" Mahito smiles at me hearing these words, seeing that I wasn't pissed about all of it and Jogo nods at me. Getou, however, doesn't even acknowledge my presence. Instead, his eyes dart around focusing on each of us before he speaks up, his gaze resting on me.

"We've located one of Sukuna's fingers at the Jujutsu school here in Tokyo-"

"Wait, Jujutsu school? Like, the Jujutsu High?" I asked, leaning forward with an excited gleam in my eyes. I felt so elated when someone mentioned that place, let alone speak to me about it. But Getou's stern stare seeps through my happiness at that moment. I had forgotten about him because of today's events, but faced with him directly, all the sorrow and thoughts rushed back into my head like a hurricane. I glare back at him. But no matter what he is, my love for him is still there, and it's not going away, dammit..

"Don't get too excited (Y/N). Even if you go you won't stay there for long." He retorts and I suppress a sigh. But he didn't irritate me: quite the contrary. I was angry at myself for feeling warm and fuzzy at the sound of his voice. He was a curse, of all things, and yet I couldn't help it. Do i have no self control? I'd have to tell Yuki about it after.

"Wait, I get to go there? Why?"

"The place holds one of Sukuna's fingers." Mahito replies, "And we've got a plan to get it."

"But what does that have to do with me though?" I started to rock back and forth in my spot, getting impatient. Jogo sighs, getting impatient as well, but this time with me. He glares at me and I tear my eyes away from Getou's to stare back at him.

"You're going to keep watch. Nothing else." Jogo's simple reply infuriated me even more. I open my mouth to say something but then freeze, closing it again and looking at my hands in my lap. This inner turmoil was completely new to me; it had never lasted for so long, either, or started because of little things like these. Was it my hormones? Or maybe I was just looking for something to blame? Either way it had to stop. If I kept going, they wouldn't let me come on the mission with them. And that would mean I would never set foot in that school...

"Oh." Is all I manage to get out before I go silent again. Jogo nods, looking satisfied, whilst Mahito and Getou aren't even looking at me. I look at all three of them in turn, wishing someone would say something fast. The silence was making it difficult for me to suppress my emotions and I shuffle uncomfortably to show it.

"You'll be with me, whilst Hanami and Jogo are going to fight. Meanwhile, Getou must be hidden. If they see him near the school, who knows what they'll do." Mahito explains. I smile at him lightly to show my gratitude and he smiles back.

"Just follow Mahito. If you see any other sorcerers heading your way, tell him immediately." Jogo says and I nod my head.

Getou gets up, "Well, this meeting is over. You may all go now."

At that, Jogo immediately stands up and disappears into the darkness of the thick forest whilst Mahito nods at Getou and smiles at me before leaving as well. Suddenly, I realize me and Getou are alone, the tension so thick you could slice it with a knife. Subconsciously, I glance at him and see that he's looking straight at me, a faraway look resting on his features.

I step towards him and he looks up, his gaze landing on my eyes. It lingers there for a couple of seconds before I start walking towards him again.

"Getou, we need to talk."

~~

This wasn't as cringe in my head.

Literally the shortest chapter ever because I haven't released anything in a week :))