𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 5 ~ 𝑨𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔

Idk if I should start putting song lists or something but like I'm thinking about it. Anyways enjoy~♡

 Anyways enjoy~♡

~~~

His blank stare frustrated me for barely any reason - anything this curse in this man's body did set me on edge. But in the same time, the untameable desire to love him was still inside of me, preventing me from truly hating him. I hated him for the pain and confusion he was putting me through, but I couldn't. I just couldn't.

"We do. But," he says, his steady gaze calming me slightly but not enough to make me want to look at him directly, "I just want to say this." He cradles my face in his hands at these words, so gently, as if I was china that would break at any second whilst tilting my head to look at him. I go along with it, grudgingly at first before seeing his expression and softening my features a tiny bit. I couldn't tell wether he was faking it at the time, it was like some sort of trance came over me. My eyelids suddenly got heavy, and I struggled to keep them open as he says the next words.

"I know what you're thinking. About me, about, well, everything... and I just wanted you to know that whatever happens I will be there for you and your- our baby." At these words, I exhale, realizing I was holding my breath. He seemed relieved that he had gotten that off his chest, as his eyes lit up slightly, previously raised shoulders relaxing.

A part of me wanted to turn him down, show him my pride and walk away from the whole thing: he didnt desearve me or this baby after all. But another part of me felt inclined to stay, forcefully reminding me that it would take me a long time before I would be able to get over Getou. Hell, if I don't find someone else at all it would be worse.

Besides, if I left, even if they wouldn't harm me it just wouldn't be the same in this group. So, swallowing my pride, I nod at him, mouth in a straight line.

"Ok. I'm giving you a chance. I just hope that... we'll come to an agreement. About all of this. At some point." I ramble but catch myself, careful to not let out my true feelings. He smiles, almost making my mouth twitch slightly, before going back to his stoic expression. Then, he leans in and my breath hitches. He plants a kiss on my forehead, looking pleased.

"I'm glad, (Y/N). Really, really glad." As he says this he looks down at our interwined hands. Perhaps it was his surprising affection that caused me to freeze. Or perhaps it was my brain, which was filled with good and bad intrusive thoughts.

As I go to step back his hold on my hands suddenly tightens, not painfully but just enough for me to notice. I raise my eyebrow at him. What could he possibly want now? I know I've said enough already, and I felt like if I listened to what he has to say again I wouldn't be able to physically leave: it was like even his voice is infectious.

"Jogo said he wanted to duel you earlier. Don't know why, though." As he says this he sees my expression and adds, "Don't worry. He said he wouldn't go anywhere near your stomach."

"I'll go find him then. I want to stretch my legs a bit anyways." And with no further comment, I turn around and walk away, trying to keep a steady pace.

Once I'm far away from him I sigh, trying to keep my thoughts together until I managed to find Jogo. It doesn't take long, however: I find him walking back and forth, deep in thought.

Leaves crunch beneath my feet and he looks up, catching my eyes. A second passes before Jogo gestures me to follow him wordlessly. I set off after him, glancing around and trying to remember the setting. I felt like coming back here later.

After several short minutes we enter a large clearing, but not nearly big enough for a proper fight. I steal a glance at Jogo and see that he's facing away from me still, but has stopped. He stops walking and I halt by his side, scrutinizing the environment. There were stray puddles everywhere, and mostly empty. The ground looked slippery, so I could use that to maneuver my movements better. But as I look around more, I realize there aren't many places for Jogo's main attacks.

I glance at him again. Was he... trying something new this time? His fight with that sorcerer must've really blown his ego. But it also made him wiser - which was an improvement. And also a disadvantage on my side. I know his fighting style off by heart, I'd have to improvise.

Although, Jogo had never beaten me before, not even when we first met.

~~

I've been soo busy. I have online school and everything, us some other things, so i wont be updating often. I will be though. Theyll just be very short chapters. Thats it so far!