𝟒𝟔

a/n: Cher's outfit for the chapter is above!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗━═☆

They were heading to Chicago, Charlotte had no idea why the sudden change of terrain and quite obviously, she didn't care. Klaus pulled over as they got out of the car, "Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan."

"What are we doing here?"

"I know how much you loved it here," He said, raising his eyebrows as though he was hinting at something, "Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?"

Stefan brushed it off, shaking his head, "Blacked-out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur."

Paulina crossed her arms together, commenting, "Too bad. I was miles away from Chicago and your nickname still stuck around like some...plague. No offense."

Stefan furrowed his eyebrows together, "None taken...I guess."

"Unless we are here to party and eat people then I am not interested," Charlotte said, smiling when Paulina turned over to her with a disapproving look, "I am embracing my nature, something you do every day, right? But, somehow, it's only okay when you do it?"

"Yeah. I am a hypocritical bitch who can't get anything right," Paulina nodded to herself, claiming as she opened the passenger seat's car door, "You hate me, Charlotte? Get in line."

Charlotte chuckled, shaking her head, "I don't hate you but I don't particularly like your undying hope to change me. I am happy the way I am."

The Gilbert pulled the car's window down, responding, "I am not changing you. I am retrieving you."

"Well, maybe this is the new better me."

Paulina shook her head before raising an eyebrow, "Remember when I told you that you will never change and you took it with offense?" Charlotte made no move to respond, showing her confusion before she continued, "That wasn't meant to bring you down. You can't change and that's the best thing about you, Charlotte."

The Gilbert could have sworn she saw an emotion pass through Charlotte's doe brown eyes before she smirked, "You are pathetic."

"Doesn't change that I am right, Cherry."

Paulina called out, "C'mon, Klaus, enough taunting with his past, yeah? I wanna see my least favorite witch."