7--a family reunion

hazel awoke to the sun stretching between her curtains, casting a glow upon the bedroom.

frank was already up, and by the sweet smell of waffles wafting through the doors, cooking breakfast.

she was fully awake in a flash, nearly sreaming "WAFFLES!" in her excitement. hazel was like a kid sometimes, full of joy. 

she had to finish that piece her boss had requested. and they were driving to nico's later, for new year's, staying till his birthday.

frank placed a kiss on her forehead. "morning hazel," he greeted. "are you packed?" hazel didnt answer straight away (waffles,,,,yum) but nodded. "i was up till late, but i still forgot to do that stupid design!" she grumbled with syrup smeared around her mouth. frank frowned.

"don't overwork yourself," he advised softly. "anyways, it'll take all day if we start too late." he was referring to the car drive to nico's.

"yeah, but we'll be fine!" she grinned at him. "it's not like we'll arrive that late or anything."

--

they arrived late.

"what took you so long," said will, opening the door. "jason and piper are already here, along with cecil and lou ellen."

hazel made a beeline for her half-brother, who coul be spotted lurking in the shadows. 

"what took you so long?" he echoed will's words. 

"traffic," hazel replied. she made herself look angry. "and WHY haven't you visited?!"

"geez hazel, i've been busy!" he through his hands up in exasperation. then he smiled suddenly. "but it's good to see you, sis." hazel softened. after their father, hades, she was the only family nico had.

a memory came back to her, being dragged away by her supposed father and half-siblings, the sounds of gunshot, her mother's screams.

then one more shot.

and it hit-

no. she would not think of bianca di angelo or marie levesque now. she was going to start the year off as well as she could.

she saw a black-and-pink blur coming towards her.

there was a yell and the sound of a girl being hugged to death by lou ellen.

--

5

4

3

2

1

six buzzes sounded in unison in their pockets.

complete and utter chaos

bluuu: HAPPY NEW YEAR LOSERS

Annabeth: you hung up on me seaweed brain

bluuu: SORRY

bad boy supreme: ALL YOU GUYS ARE SUCH LAST YEAR NOW

bad boy supreme: dfjgkhjkl

mcqueen: why leo

electricity: the real question is 

electricity: WHY CANT YOU COME HERE FOR NEW YEARS

bad boy supreme: SORRY

tree: i think i just threw a giant bowl of marmallows on reyna

lady gaga: you did

a/n

HAPPY NEW YEAR

IMMA POST THIS ON NEW YEARS EVE BC IM TOO LAZY TO POST IT ON MIDNIGHT

FUCK YOU 2020

HEL-LO THERE 2021

misty xXx