15 - vacillation

chan walked down the hallway, constantly checking his surroundings

when was the police coming?

he had tried calling them again, but again, the same response was given; the police are trying to find them, but it's difficult because the island is in the middle of nowhere.

how was it so difficult? wasn't there a magazine that had a description of the island? didn't byungchan find it that way?

it angered chan, to say the least. the police were supposed to be there for their citizens, yet they could not bother to check details that could help save innocent lives.

it truly sucked.

chan was not sure where he was going, he was just bored. walking around was not very smart, and he knew that, but sitting in some room for pretty much three days straight had gotten pretty boring.

so now, he was on his way outside. he planned on just sitting by the water and relax for a little. alone.

but apparently that was not the case.

subin was sitting on the rocks, already seemingly relaxing by the water. chan hesitated. should he join him or just find somewhere else?

but before he could make up his mind, subin turned around. "oh, chan, hi. i was worried it was hanse since we aren't exactly on the same page right now," subin chuckled sadly. "sit down"

chan did as told and took a seat next to subin on the rocks. he had this odd feeling in his body, but he decided to just ignore it. he felt paranoid pretty much all the time at this point.

"do you honestly think it's hanse?" chan decided to ask. the answer took a little. "well, i'm sure it's not you, and it isn't me. so hanse is the only one left," subin shrugged. "i don't want it to be him. i don't want it to be any of us, but at the moment, hanse is most likely to be the one"

chan nodded slowly. after the events that occurred three days earlier, he also was not sure. subin seemed all so innocent, but he also looked like he was hiding something. hanse kept away from everyone else, which did seem a bit suspicious, but it also made sense. plus, he was always the one that seemed the most heartbroken.

"what about you?" subin asked. "who do you think it is?"

chan hesitated. "i'm not sure..." he mumbled. he didn't know if subin would get mad at him. but apparently he wasn't. he just gave chan a sad smile. "i get it," he started. "both me and hanse have named you as innocent, but the two of us are acting weird" subin said. chan did not know what to answer there, so he just kept silent.

he turned his face towards the open sea. the sun was going down by the horizon, and the few rays of sun that could still reach them were spreading a comfortable warmth. it made chan feel calmer. he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

he felt subin's eyes on him, but he ignored it. he was finally feeling somewhat safe, and he was not about to let subin ruin his moment.

but in the end, it was not subin who ruined his moment.

it was the deafening scream of hanse.

chan's eyes flew open, and he stared at subin in shock. the younger was mirroring his expression, and it took them less than a second to get up from the rocks and head back to the house.

"when did you last see him?" subin asked as they ran up to the back of the house. chan thought for a moment. "i have not seen him since our argument"

"me neither..." they entered the house and began to search the best they could. chan looked through the whole first floor, from underneath the couch in the living room to lifting the pile of towels in the bathroom.

hanse was nowhere to be seen.

"subin? have you found him?" he yelled to subin who was on the second floor. "no, have you?" was the answer.

chan felt the panic rise in his chest. they needed to find hanse.

they needed to find hanse alive.

but apparently that was more difficult than expected.

when chan heard subin yell in fright, he knew something was not right. he ran upstairs to where he thought he heard subin, and when he found them he stopped in his tracks.

it looked like hanse was asleep on the floor. except, for what chan knew, when you are asleep there isn't a knife stuck in your stomach. chan wanted to go closer, but his legs would not let him. they felt completely numb, and chan was worried he might fall to the ground.

it felt like they were going to fail him, just like he and subin had failed hanse.

they lost him. they lost hanse.

"he was also poisoned..." subin suddenly whispered while pointing at hanse's face. it had a similarity to sejun's. his lips were all charred and gross, and there was blood running down from his slightly open mouth.

chan looked up and met the eyes of subin. they both now knew. they now knew who the killer was.

a/n: HAHAAAA hi again :P  i'm fr so sorry for not updating in forever and i'm sorry that this chapter sucks, the story is ending in like one or two chapters anyway soo :) ALSo im sorry for the short chapter eye- n e ways here is this watever it is, hope ya have a good day bai <3