46

Sorry this chapter's a little short, but the next one should be longer/at least back to its usual size. Anyway, hope you enjoy and have a great rest of your Monday! -T.A.L.A.

    Manual had been panicking, he hadn't known what to do, so he would be the first to say that perhaps his thoughts and memories of that moment were still not the clearest, but what Red had done had caught everyone by surprise. He knew that much.

The at least fifteen heroes who had attacked in the first moments of it all had driven the whole camp into a panic, one moment getting basic treatment while they waited to be taken to a hospital, the next fighting for their lives, this time against their own. The heroes turned on each other like a bunch of wild dogs fighting over the last scrap of meat. And most weren't holding back either. It was madness and Manual freely admitted he was reluctant to leave Red's side unsure of who else wasn't affected and if anyone would even give another the benefit of the doubt.

He wasn't even sure where some of the power came from in some of the heroes as people he recognized, some who had even been below him in skill beat those who should have been far stronger down. Panic. He was long past panic at this point.

And then out of nowhere bright blue burst from nowhere and everybody was thrown to the ground from the strength of the explosion. When Manual recovered the heroes around him were getting dragged into the air and tugged through the air over to where the heroes who had congregated elsewhere were rushing over. And then they just hung there. Many of the heroes flailed about, too off guard to think to use their quirk at first and not able to touch the blue flames as their limbs just went right on through.

      He wasn't even going to question how that was possible.

A few of the last heroes to be dragged over had long distance attacks which they were quick to use, and having already noted how dead-on-his-feet Red looked Manual was quick to leap to his defense. Mere seconds later what had been brewing into a second potentially devastating catastrophe for the heroes there and indeed all heroes had been completely adverted and Red was dragging himself up onto his feet.

Manual was aware of the many cameras watching this moment. He was also aware of the feat his friend- could he consider Red that? They were so strong and didn't seem interested in him or even society as a whole all that much- had just pulled off. He was definitely aware of the power vacuum All Might had just left behind. And that Red in his current state likely hadn't connected all the dots yet and realized he was the potential savior to society as they knew it.

Feeling mildly guilty for what he was doing, Manual made sure to support Red as best he could while still making it look as if it only gave minimal assistance, as if they were supporting each other even, and then walked to the command center and sat Red down. Seeing them settled down and not likely to even be able to get up soon and knowing the reporters would be kept from command, Manual slipped off to follow through on his word and look for Izuku Midoriya.

     Many professional search and rescue heroes, like the recently recovered Black Hole, had the area the fight had taken place in under control easily, without whatever little help they might be able to get from him.  Still normally he would have gone over to offer help anyway.  But if Midoriya was there, he would be found quickly.

      Instead, Manual began his search through alleyways and rooftops surrounding where the fighting had taken place that were not occupied by many or any heroes. Slowly he worked his way through the not always well lit spaces before he came across a trail of blood leading from the direction of where the fight occurred.

     Knowing he should probably call for back up, but also that it could be Midoriya, he followed it.

The trail winded away from the scene following paths that weren't easily noticeable until it reached a fire escape. Steeling himself for whatever he would find, but encouraged in that if it was Midoriya they were able to climb up the fire escape, Manual pulled himself up and began his ascension.

One hand over the other he carefully climbed up, keeping a careful eye and ear out to not be startled from above as with his boots and the metal there would be no sneaking up. There was movement on the rooftop and he froze ever so briefly before quickly doubling his speed to hopefully make it to the top before whoever it was left or attacked. A second later and he had made it.

He stared around uncertainly before his eyes caught on bright green and white. There was one set of large, heavy boot prints on the ground and Midoriya was slumped over where he had been clearly arranged, his own shoes were not boots, and more like cushioned flats not to mention nowhere near that size.

Manual hurried over and checked for a pulse, finding one he took a closer look at his surroundings and upon seeing no one once more, took a closer look at Midoriya for any wounds. They were in an old, grey t shirt that had a large blood soaked cut in the side of it, but clean white bandages covered the wound itself, the pants they wore were green and highly reminiscent of what... of what Eudaemon frequently wore. The Eudaemon. From the definitive vigilante duo. But... did that make Red Cacodaemon? It... actually kind of fit.

Not sure what to do, but knowing Midoriya likely needed more aid than the rushed bandaging job whoever got him there had done, Manual glanced at them again with a more practiced eye. If Midoriya was taken to a hospital or to heroes it wouldn't do for him to have anything incriminating on him- Red would be... frustrated with him for sure if the green haired student got arrested because of him.

There was nothing there though, it could be possible that Cacodaemon had been the one on the rooftop that Manual had heard then, which was why they took everything incriminating. Without being in all green and the signature scarf, weapons, and jewelry, Midoriya easily passed as just another fan of the duo who still wore bits of clothing styled after some of the outfits the vigilantes wore.

With that, Manual scooped up the surprisingly heavy boy and began a careful descent down the building and towards the hero base to drop Midoriya off as an innocent bystander who had been caught in the crosshairs. Given the mystic personality the vigilante duo had worked to cultivate, Manual doubted many would be convinced that Midoriya of all people was Eudaemon anyway, even if he was decked out in the full uniform- which he wasn't.  Many of his coworkers had a difficult time believing either of the duo had even been heroes rather than the avenging spirits or whatever they had claimed to be.