47

Welcome to the new chapter, the one where I nearly wrote 'Dabi's scene became a crime house' before realizing, no, wrong story... Er, you saw nothing, I mean wrong order. Who needs sleep anyway? Happy Monday (I nearly forgot it was Monday for a second there) and enjoy, -T.A.L.A.

Dark began to fall and, while it wasn't too late yet, Nedzu suggested that somebody help get Dabi and Izuku home; Dabi and Eri having been living with the Midoriya's full time since Dabi's house became a crime scene (both Dabi's house and the Midoriya's had set ups available to stay over night and all five had keys to both houses and frequently switched between houses depending on what was convenient- a sixth pair of keys was locked in the box with Malvolia's stuff), but unfortunately, Nedzu explained, he wasn't quite sure where that was off the top of his head.

And so that was how Manual, who had been about to head home and get some rest himself, ended up taking Red and who he was almost positive might be Eudaemon to his house for them to wake up on their own. He wasn't entirely uncertain that this wasn't a plot of Nedzu's, the guy was like some sort of evil mastermind for good most of them time.

A short car ride later and he was scooping up Midoriya into his arms careful not to upset the injury he had, while another of the heroes that had hitched a ride carried Red behind him. The car had been packed to the extent that it wasn't quite legal in order to bus as many exhausted heroes to their home as was possible but none of them said anything, and so there were plenty around to get out the spare key he kept hidden, to crack a joke about how he should just leave a window open and hope none of his neighbors accidentally called the cops on him (apparently that was an issue some of his fellows struggled from), and to help him settle both Red and Midoriya on his couch after transforming it into a bed.

Thanking them, the still packed car drove away, and he once more turned a blind eye to the safety violation that the now only three heroes riding- and waving goodbye- on the roof of it made. There were only so many cars available for their use and a whole lot of heroes. He settled down on the edge of his pullout couch and glanced over the pair one more time before he set about making them more comfortable.

What Midoriya was wearing was loose and comfortable enough to qualify as pajamas so he let it be and just slid off their shoes. Red on the other hand was in his hero costume which might as well have been a suit. He quickly, and smoothly as he could, took off the dark, embroidered trench coat and then unlaced and took off the boots.

The question was did he leave it like that or did he get them out of the collared shirt as well. Because on one hand, it would probably be an invasion of privacy, but on the other it was far from comfortable looking and he had seen the efforts the other man had gone to in order to keep it unwrinkled while they had been living together at the training camp. Red hadn't exactly seemed to care if either of them saw him shirtless either. So with some hesitation, Manaul pulled one of his t shirts on them and then helped them out of the button up shirt.

Carefully folding it, and then covering both with a blanket, Manual finally allowed himself to trudge off to his room and take a shower before going to sleep as well.

      Dabi woke up to the sound of his phone ringing.  Truthfully he wasn't quite sure if he woke up at all, his head was swimming and every movement was like fighting through thick, clinging quicksand while slowly melting into slop himself. He patted his hand to the side, hitting something, or rather someone, instead of the bedside table he had been expecting. It was a struggle in and of itself to peel his eyes open and still his vision blurred and swayed. Whatever he had done and used far too much power.

As if that was the secret password, his mind clicked into place and he remembered the battle that had taken place. His hand reached out again, patting the hair he had reached before, it was familiar, his bleary eyes easily locking onto the expected green. Izuku was safe then. He wasn't sure he ever wanted to do the temperate modifying technique on his flames ever again if it left him like this though- he didn't know where the power had even come from.